Apps mysteriously uninstalling

kurumatt

Reaction score
I had the same issue. I just installed the unleashed ROM. Hoping it will help.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score
Same for me but without moving apps to sd card. Really annoying

lstroyan

Reaction score
Are you serious? How many apps do you have on your phone? And how big are they? I've got 200+ on mine (including preinstalled ones) and so far I'm barely using 15% of the 4GB application storage area. And hey, it's not like that storage is available for any other purpose, so you might as well use it!

I think a lot of us have still been in "the more apps I have the less RAM I'm working with" mindset, as previous phones have required.

To App 2 SD's credit, they just added a "move all" feature so that we can move all apps out of the media area and back into the phone area easily.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the sdcard is randomly unmounting without a notification, and the launcher is reindexing the apps (and not showing the ones that were moved to the sdcard). A reboot makes the apps reappear because the sdcard is mounted correctly and the icon database can populate correctly. The storage part of this phone's OS needs a bit of updating.

lstroyan

Reaction score
It sounds like the sdcard is randomly unmounting without a notification, and the launcher is reindexing the apps (and not showing the ones that were moved to the sdcard). A reboot makes the apps reappear because the sdcard is mounted correctly and the icon database can populate correctly. The storage part of this phone's OS needs a bit of updating.

It could be but it seems to be more than that. There is 8GB of storage space onboard that is called /sdcard in some places and "Media storage" in others. It's not removable (though it may be unmountable, I suppose?). Because it's called /sdcard many apps put things there. Then there is the true SD card, which shows up as /sdcard-ext, which is a true removable storage card.

What I'm wondering about though, is what about all the settings that I transferred from my previous phone? Where do I put my backups when I restore them? Can I put my own media (in my own format) on the media portion or is that only supposed to be for internal use? (I use Astro Player Nova and I download audio books, and it saves all my bookmarks...somewhere).

If anyone finds out or knows, please post.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I lose a few apps weekly. Crazy...

As explained by someone else in another thread, until the firmware update comes thru, goto setting/applications/manage applications/ select media area, anyones with a red check move to phone. Then none will dissapear.

alirt1

Reaction score
As explained by someone else in another thread, until the firmware update comes thru, goto setting/applications/manage applications/ select media area, anyones with a red check move to phone. Then none will dissapear.
Thanks but all I ever see are green checks...

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Thanks but all I ever see are green checks...

There shouldnt be anything checked in any of the boxes. At least thats how I have mine set. If you click it, it should say move to phone. Make sure you click the media tab under apps.

klosea

Reaction score
I have run out of room in phone memory. My DROIDX has so many more apps on it. I have dictionaries and medical apps that take memory. This is not acceptable. Maybe they will get it fixed by RAZR time.