Apps mysteriously uninstalling

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by dberthia, Sep 8, 2011.

1. jaydenrobins08

jaydenrobins08 New Member

I agree, and when I save the apps to the SD card it will start to delete them off the SD card and say com.app. blah blah blah and it won't let me open the app! I want to put all my apps that can be saved on the SD card on the SD card because I want as much memory free for the phone to be faster but I can't because it will delete them! Does anyone else have this problem? Do you know how to fix it?
  2. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Try downloading the app again, usually works.
  3. wseyller

wseyller Member

I don't move any apps. My xda premium app went missing so I reinstalled it. Also dowloaded a racing game about 50MB. It wrongly said not enough space left. Tried it again and it worked.

Looks like an update is needed for some bugs.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  4. brent.murray

brent.murray New Member

I'm having the same problems with my stock Bionic.... Apps are mysteriously disappearing!??!! FRUSTRATING !!!! Unsure if they were the apps that I moved to the SD card.... Please anyone smarter than us got any ideas? :) Is this a glitch? Software update needed? Ideas? I LOVE my Bionic but this is silly....
  5. Bionica

Bionica New Member

Had an app installed to the INTERNAL memory that, upon attempt to launch I received an error message that the application was no longer installed. This was in spite of the fact that both the icon was still present and all of the associated files in the internal memory. Had to manually delete these to clear up enough room to reinstall despite plenty of actual free space.
  6. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

Don't move apps to the SD card - the internal phone space is more than enough for every app you will ever need. Move all your apps back to the phone and they will be fine. APPSToSD moves them to the wrong area - they will vanish.
  7. Milehighjc

Milehighjc New Member

Has happened to me twice today with the DroidForums app. Im not installing it to the SD card. Re-downloading fixes it. Reboot does not. Its gone from the app drawer, but the Icon I put on the home page is still there. Selecting it generates an error.

I wonder if it has something to do with the backup?

jx
  8. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

There are two kinds of internal memory - Phone and Media. Media is called the SD card (which is a misnomer). Don't put anything but media in media. The SD-ext (external) card is technically where things should go but the phones file system is messed up.
  9. jstwondrng

jstwondrng New Member

Wonder if there is a section on Motorola's website or Verizon's where we can complain about disappearing apps from transferring them to the SD card?
  10. brent.murray

brent.murray New Member

I briefly checked it out... didn't see anything in particular.... But like I said.... it was brief. Good question/point though.... I hope this is addressed in an update, as this is a bit ridiculous.
  11. jstwondrng

jstwondrng New Member

I agree... This is the only gripe I have with the phone. First, we should be able to save files anywhere (internal memory, SD-Card... etc). Second, we shouldn't have apps disappearing. I had two disappear on me tonight :(

If anyone here knows how to report issues to Motorola, please share!
  12. BePrepared

BePrepared Member

I too have had apps disappear. One was the Fox8 app, for those who might be from the Triad area of NC. When I reinstalled it for the third or fourth time, I checked and noticed it that it had automatically installed itself in the "Media area." I clicked on "Move to Phone", so we'll see if this corrects the problem.

The other app, ironically enough, was the app for this forum. It too had installed in the "Media area." I moved it to the phone as well. I hope this solves the problem of the disappearing apps.
  13. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

Anything but Media in the Media area will be lost. If you move it to the phone it will solve the problem.

The solution Verizon needs to take is to stick only Media in the Media section, and give you the option of putting aps on the phone or the sd-ext card.
  14. holjes

holjes New Member

I have also had the same problem. Had 3 apps in the media section. Have not had a problem since moving back but I second that this is just ridiculous. Only gripe so far though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
  15. endobrian

endobrian New Member

Move it to SD. Only put media in the media drive.
  16. brent.murray

brent.murray New Member

I wonder if verizon/motorola will fix this.... I sure hope so.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  17. GadgetRick

GadgetRick Member

In reading through this thread, it seems as though the apps to move apps to the SD card may be moving them to the wrong area (the media area)?

It also sounds as though if the apps are on the SD card they should work fine?

If these are true, then it's just the apps which need to be fixed (in this situation)?

btw, for those of you who keep saying, "just keep the apps on the internal memory". Many of us don't want to put a bunch of stuff there. As you fill up the memory there, the phone will slow down. My original Droid has this problem. There are many apps which cannot be moved to the SD card and I'm over 3/4 full on the internal memory for apps. Phone is slow as hell. There's no reason we shouldn't be able to use the SD card for apps. I'd much rather have them there. We can always put a 32GB SD card in if we ever need more memory.

btw, why the heck didn't Moto include a 32GB SD card like the TB? I mean, it's a premium phone so why not? But I digress...
  18. scdown

scdown New Member

That's missing the point - the option to move to the SD card (or on this phone, the "media area"), is to allow the user to decide where it gets installed. If the option is available, and it has been since Froyo, then it should work.

I agree that 4GB is a lot of storage (a hell of a lot more than on my OG Droid), but remember that Verizon puts a lot of bloat out there, too, and until there's an SBF (and ultimately, custom recovery and ROM to allow us to completely stock-out our phones), most of us won't be just removing all of those apps.

Just my inflation adjusted $.02.
  19. TatDroid

TatDroid Active Member

So I downloaded the Business Calendar app from the Amazon app store as a free app of the day. Now it's gone. But when I go to the Amazon store now and click on "my apps" to reinstall it I only get the option to "open" it, which it won't do. Obviously my phone is showing the app store that it IS there, and showing me that it's not. Aarrgghhh!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  20. holjes

holjes New Member

Try going into application and clicking media and see if it is checked there and uncheck to send back to main memory. Only guess I have.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
Search tags for this page

android app keeps uninstalling

android apps have mysteriously uninstalled

android apps mysteriously uninstalled

android apps mysteriously uninstalling
app mysteriously uninstalled
app mysterously uninstall android 4.0
apps become uninstalled

apps mysteriously uninstalling

apps on my phone mysteriously got uninstalled
apps were misteriously uninstalled