Apps like cm security and clean sweep?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Galaxy s4. I recently deleted like 200 pics. Have gotten rid of a handful of apps too...never had these warnings until I used those apps (which I've since un installed)
Was the app giving you the warning in it or the phone itself? If it's the app,I just ignore that stuff because it's them trying to get you to use their app more, for whatever reason. Have you tried a cache partition wipe if it's the phone itself? I used to get that error on my HTC phones and a cache partition wipe was the solution.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
ES File Explorer is a good file browser that also includes some nice clean up tools. Recommend.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm getting the feeling that as good as ES Files Explorer is at being a file manager it's begging to try to take over my phone. It's so intrusive any more I may need to uninstall it. There is one screen, not clearly identified at all that makes it look like you're in the phone's setup. The first time that opened it took a while to figure out what it was.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm getting the feeling that as good as ES Files Explorer is at being a file manager it's begging to try to take over my phone. It's so intrusive any more I may need to uninstall it. There is one screen, not clearly identified at all that makes it look like you're in the phone's setup. The first time that opened it took a while to figure out what it was.
Is that the one that pops up when you install a new app? I agree, I'm about ready to uninstall it as well if I don't figure out how to stop that screen. I did find a deep setting to drop the phone from not being able to dump its recycle bin, another annoyance, so there's hope.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Is that the one that pops up when you install a new app? I agree, I'm about ready to uninstall it as well if I don't figure out how to stop that screen. I did find a deep setting to drop the phone from not being able to dump its recycle bin, another annoyance, so there's hope.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
Yes, that's the one. It isn't very obvious what the app is, but it sure is in your face.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
You can turn that off. It doesn't even come up for me. It's not a bad thing though. It helps when removing apps. The regular uninstall often leaves junk on your phone. The ES uninstall does it right.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I tried clearing the defaults and it didn't help. It doesn't do it all the time either. I update apps pretty much every day and it only seems to pop up maybe once a week. Clean Master was once good at cleaning up the system, then the app got greedy and went way overboard on other things it wanted to do. It's gone.

[edit] Maybe I'm to easily bugged but even one of my all time favorite apps, Quick Pic, is starting to get in the way ever since they sold the company. I have enough cloud storage without them bugging me about getting more.

Funny how that has evoloved. There was a time when all some people fought for more cloud storage, now it's hard to keep track of it all. When I take a photo it automatically gets pushed to 3 cloud storage locations. I really need to consolidate ;)

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Odd. I have none of these issues.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I'm not either. But then again, it's been about a year since I've updated ES File Explorer....I'm at least 5 updates behind.
ieKK2el.png

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
LOL...nah, I just really love this app! Having used ES since my Fascinate days, I started hearing rumors about a year & a half ago how ES was getting really bloated...than the whole security concern issue.... I figured I'd just keep an eye on it. I've watched as member after member from our various sister sites dumped it and moved on to alternatives, I wasn't ready to go down that road just yet. So far so good. (For now at least)