Apps Download but dont install?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by dtnosk, Dec 28, 2010.

1. dtnosk

dtnosk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im about 50/50 on installing apps I download. does this mean there just not combataple with the OSbuild or the rom

2. bamhsc

bamhsc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have had this same issue. If you select the app in My Apps in the Market, it instantly starts the installing. Kind of annoying but it works

3. atico

atico New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have similar issue, I paid for a few apps and now they are not showing on my installed apps, luckily I had a backup of them and was able to reinstall them but they still do not show. I have wipe data, cache on market app several times now.

4. konjiki7

konjiki7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same issue with some apps.. Unmounting the sd card seems to have solved this. Annoying but a small price to pay to play angry birds!:)

Not sure how I'm going to get swype to install since it does download on to the sd card...

5. dro855

dro855 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The Solution

I had this issue several times before, the following will definitely resolve it.

1. Clear the data/cache for the market app, it will speed everything up(downloads and installs)
    Settings-> Apps -> Manage Apps -> Market -> Clear data, Clear cache

2. Pay attention to your CPU settings if you use SetCPU. I had my profile set to run a low max speed (400MHz) when the screen is off. Consequently, when updating a lot of apps from the market; they would download, but not install if the screen was off. I guess it wasn't enough processing power to do so. The minute I turn the screen back on, they install with no problem. This was actually my issue more than anything else.

Hope this helps

6. konjiki7

konjiki7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0

Already tried that and it did not work. My issue was related to how the sd card was formatted by previous roms...

My issue was resolved by formatting the sd card in recovery mode. I then place my backed up files from PC back on to the sd card and its working fine now.

Search tags for this page
android app downloaded but not installed

android app downloads but does not install

android apps downloading but not installing
app downloaded but not installed android
app will download but not install
apps dont download
apps download but not install

apps downloading but not installing

apps will download but not install
what to do when apps dont download