Apps disappear when USB connected

FoFa

Reaction score
Since ICS upgrade, I plugged the phone into my USB cable (hooked to the PC) and my headphones in to listen to music.Hit the Music Folder app shortcut (been using it ever since I got the RAZR because I hate the one that comes with).Little popup window says app not installed.Humm, it just did an automatic update the other day.So go apps - all apps, sure enough music folder is gone, so is astro file manager.Hit downloaded apps, yup both gone.So I unplug from usb, and download music folder again.ok, it's there, it works.I plug into the usb again, music folder is gone.huh?I unplug from USB, after a minute it shows back up again, so does Astro.There could be others that go missing, and come back.I could find this using search.Anyone else seen this?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Since ICS upgrade, I plugged the phone into my USB cable (hooked to the PC) and my headphones in to listen to music.Hit the Music Folder app shortcut (been using it ever since I got the RAZR because I hate the one that comes with).Little popup window says app not installed.Humm, it just did an automatic update the other day.So go apps - all apps, sure enough music folder is gone, so is astro file manager.Hit downloaded apps, yup both gone.So I unplug from usb, and download music folder again.ok, it's there, it works.I plug into the usb again, music folder is gone.huh?I unplug from USB, after a minute it shows back up again, so does Astro.There could be others that go missing, and come back.I could find this using search.Anyone else seen this?

Is your music stored on your removable micro SD card? If so, when you connect the phone to a computer, it's unmounting the SD card from the phone so that the computer can read it. This means as far as the phone is concerned, the SD card isn't there at all. It can't read the card if it's unmounted from the device and being read by the phone.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Is your music stored on your removable micro SD card? If so, when you connect the phone to a computer, it's unmounting the SD card from the phone so that the computer can read it. This means as far as the phone is concerned, the SD card isn't there at all. It can't read the card if it's unmounted from the device and being read by the phone.

Same holds true if the apps are on the SD card. I think one of the USB connection methods (may be media), doesn't mount the same way and gives access to the music.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
FoFa

FoFa

Reaction score
Hows come ISC doesn't have the Charge Only option, geesh.Makes sense if it is dismounting the SD card.Thanks