Apps Disappear From App Tray

ben96

Reaction score
Hello I've been having a little problem where apps are disappearing out of the app tray but are still installed.They just disappear from the tray.Anyone have any ideas why this is happening? This is happening with my droid 2 unrooted running android 2.2 froyo.

billjohnson

Reaction score
Not sure what your issue is exactly but I have a suggestion. Are you moving your apps on your SD card? I'm almost positive that you can't if you aren't rooted but sometimes moving an app will keep it installed but yet render it inoperable. Something else you can try is to go to Settings> Applications>"All" tab> Click on the app that isn't appearing and attempt to force close it. Let me know if that helps or not :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
ben96

ben96

Reaction score
Thanks ill try that next time it happens the app that was installed but didn't show up on the app tray sometimes was "ruger sr9."

its on the system memory but there is another copy of it on the sd card do you think that was affecting it?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

billjohnson

Reaction score
Wurd. No there shouldn't be any copies on the SD card if it's running in the RAM....Let me know if that does the trick.

OP
ben96

ben96

Reaction score
Im not rooted but now that I think about it that app is the only one doing it probably some type of small bug.

billjohnson

Reaction score
Ah that makes sense. I had gathered from your OP (Original Post) that it was multiple apps that were seeing this issue. If the app in question keeps removing itself from the App menu, you can uninstall and then re-install the app. If that doesn't do the trick, you may want to contact the developer make him aware of the bug. Hope that helps!

skaferret

Reaction score
I was getting the same problem. By chance is the app" Angry Birds"? If so really the only thing o've heard is to reboot your phone, and it should come back. Unfortunately I've yet to hear of any permanant fix.

OP
ben96

ben96

Reaction score
Ya it worked