Apps all open when phone powers up

Kemp

Reaction score
OK, I have the quick kill app so this is not a big problem, but the phone opens all my apps after i turn it off and restart. Is there an app that allows you to only open the phone start apps you want?

Now I have to close 20 apps every so often. I know it's a problem when the phone slows down.

Also, for God's sake, isn't there some way to stop the damn email from loading all your old mail and just load new emails?

PLEASE don't tell me about the G mail fix, it doesn't work.

Why can BB figure out how to only download new emails and Verizon can't?????

You guys listening?????

jkayner

Reaction score
i installed "startup auditor" it lets you disable apps from starting up at boot. Seems to do the job.

caligottago

Reaction score
OK, I have the quick kill app so this is not a big problem, but the phone opens all my apps after i turn it off and restart. Is there an app that allows you to only open the phone start apps you want?

Now I have to close 20 apps every so often. I know it's a problem when the phone slows down.

Also, for God's sake, isn't there some way to stop the damn email from loading all your old mail and just load new emails?

PLEASE don't tell me about the G mail fix, it doesn't work.

Why can BB figure out how to only download new emails and Verizon can't?????

You guys listening?????
Hi. I'm not sure what the gmail fix is, but what I had to do was actually log into my gmail account and under the settings link there is a tab call forwarding pop/imap (I'm pretty sure this is the tab). scroll down until you see the section for pop and imap and change the radio button setting to only forward email from this point forward (don't quote me on the wording...you will see what I'm talking about :))...I suggest that you go in and change this setting before you setup your gmail on your droid, otherwise you will end up with THOUSANDS of old crap (it's no fun trying to delete 12,000+ emails from as far back as 3 years ago..)

Hope this helps...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
The phone opening all apps upon start up is not normal.
When did this start? what were the last apps you loaded before this started?