Apps all on Phone, Android thinks some are on SD Card

howwarrd

Reaction score
Howdy all,

I did the OTA update to 2.3.3 from... um 2.2.2(?) on Droid Incredible 2. It borked everything, half my apps wouldn't work. The Market wouldn't load, in general bad joo-joo. So, I did a factory data reset. Now, everything is peachy except for one general caveat.

App2SD style apps do not work, and even the built in Android move to SD option doesn't work, and it is listing apps as installed on the SD card, which are absolutely installed on the Phone.

I assume this is some issue with a file remnant left on the SD card from before the phone wipe, since I didn't wipe the card.

Anywho, any quick fix without resetting again, or something that drastic? Just wasted 2 hours when the OTA blew up my phone, so I'm hoping since I have it back exactly how I like it, I won't have to repeat that.

PS... Sorry for the grammar, spelling, and general lack of everything in this post, lost fricking day, and then going "OOH, new shiny software, AWW, it brokeded" has really worn out my give a damn.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fairly sure that the apps2sd were in /.android_secure on the sdcard. During the GB upgrade things may have gotten fudged. Best thing to do IMO, is wipe that folder from the card then factory reset and redo all that. Probably be best in the long run.

ABQNM

Reaction score
You likely will not need a factory reset. Just delete the .android-secure directory from the sd card with a root file browser like Root Explorer and then reboot. Android should rebuild that folder and Android should show them in the right place. It may still show them on SD card and when it rebuilds it could put them back on the card, so you may need to move them to phone storage afterward. Hopefully that helps avoid a reset.