1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Apps 2 SD Question

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by CEHudgins, Jul 9, 2010.

1. CEHudgins

CEHudgins New Member

Hi there,
    I am currently running BB 0.4 - No extra themes or kernels, just BB 0.4. I had a question regarding help on sending applications to the SD card. When I try to enable the automatic or always feature in BB Toolkit it will do nothing but ForceClose.

If I use the Terminal Emulator command to always install apps to the SD card will it allow me to go in and move certain apps to the phone's hard drive? I wasn't sure if Android had a registry type thing where the paths would get screwed up if you moved the applications back and forth.

This will be my first time doing this so if you have any additional comments, tips, etc please feel free as they will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

You're talking PC lingo in a linux operating system.;) If you are asking can you move an app from the SD card back to the phone, in simple terms yes you can. You will see the button change to "move to phone" after you have moved an app to the SD card.

If I missed your point completely, my bad. I think that's what you are asking though.
  3. CEHudgins

CEHudgins New Member

Thank you, hookbill. And for that button to appear to move applications to and from the card I would just use the command below since the BB Tookkit script is not working, yes?

su (enter)
    pm setInstallLocation 2 (enter)

Thanks again!
  4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

su (enter)
    cd /system/bin (enter)
    sh pm setInstallLocation 2 (enter)

This is what I used and worked for me.
  5. CEHudgins

CEHudgins New Member

I typed that into the Terminal Emulator and a long script passed by and I closed it.

In the "Application Info" section of each app I do see a "Move to SD Card" option now. I am not sure if this was there before and I never noticed but it is there ... But it is greyed out for all my applications so far.

So far: Advanced Task Cleaner, Better Cut, Bubbles, Compass, Earth, Hypnotic Spyral, Screen Crack, Stop Watch, and Terminal Emulator show up but the "Move to SD Card" option is greyed out and disabled on all item. I'm not sure if those just can't be moved, or if I have done something wrong =( I'll continue going through the market and see if any I download have the option to move it over.

UPDATE: Since installing many more applications, two had the option to move them to the card, so it was indeed working, just some apps don't have the ability to yet. Thanks again!
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
Search tags for this page

aplicativos movedores de android