Applying the leaked update?

Prsterero

Reaction score
I got the file, put it on my sd card, booted into recovery with power+ x the file was re named to update.zip but in recovery its called update.zip.zip and when I try and apply it, it fails. Can anyone tell me how to apply the update properly that's done it? I've never done a leaked update so I'm not sure how to.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

stabl4life82

Reaction score
U named it update.zip and the computer already added the extension to it so just go to root explorer or on ur pc and take the zip off and it will work

OP
Prsterero

Prsterero

Reaction score
U named it update.zip and the computer already added the extension to it so just go to root explorer or on ur pc and take the zip off and it will work

tried that and the update was still aborted.any other ideas?

Reaction score
If your doing it from the computer just name it update windows automatically names it zipso just update then put on sd card. I downloaded the update strait from my phone and updated fine.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
Prsterero

Prsterero

Reaction score
If your doing it from the computer just name it update windows automatically names it zipso just update then put on sd card. I downloaded the update strait from my phone and updated fine.

How can I find it so I can do it all from my phone?

Reaction score
I did mine all on my phone and I didn't even rename it and it worked. I use astro file from the market. Found it in the download file then moved it to the sd ex and put my phone into recovery and installed it.

akhi216

Reaction score
Does the leaked update fix the keyboard and ramdom reboot issue?

I install the leaked update but I still have had about 3-4 random reboots and "phantom" power-ons. No more keyboard issues though.

OP
Prsterero

Prsterero

Reaction score
I did mine all on my phone and I didn't even rename it and it worked. I use astro file from the market. Found it in the download file then moved it to the sd ex and put my phone into recovery and installed it.

Still the installation failed haha I can't get it to work. Could u send me a link with the right file?

OP
Prsterero

Prsterero

Reaction score
Alright I sent u a pm with the link and instructions.

Thanks its downloading. Did u have root? I have all the bloatware but only temp un root. Do I need to perm un root before I try installing? Or any other things I should be aware of that could cause the update to fail?

Reaction score
I'm running stock. To be on the safe side just try and unfreeze everything