Applying MM themes causes the app to disappear...

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Sal R., Jun 17, 2010.

1. Sal R.

Sal R. Member

...have to reboot to get it back.

BBv0.1 w/ the latest MM.

This never used to be the case using the old MM that only used .thm files for theme'ing sys/app apks, but that version doesn't work on 2.2.

Is there a fix for this?
  2. rcfx

rcfx New Member

I've used it on 2.2. I had to turn on usb debugging to make it work, and this is with the 'newer' mm with the xml file. It's still kinda buggy though.
  3. Sal R.

Sal R. Member

MM 1.9.4 won't run on my BBv0.1 (2.2 ROM). When running thru the checks, MM 1.9.4 says it can't find the su file.

MM 1.9.8+ works just fine. The only annoyance is that the app is no longer available after appyling the theme and you have to reboot to get the app back.
  4. rcfx

rcfx New Member

I had the same thing happen with the older MM on both the stock froyo and on simply stunning froyo, so it's gotta be a 'froyo' thing. I hated updating cause I had to convert all my MM's to the xml format and it's time consuming and a hassle. As far as the app disappearing I havn't had that pleasure yet.
  5. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer Theme Developer

This seems to be a 2.2 thing not MM

I been having apps disapear and reappear on me, sometimes if you dont let the sdcard finish syncing before I use the phone I end up with Beautiful widgets disappearing on me over and over, along with my battery life.
    This also happens when im synced to the pc. I took them off the sdcard thinking that was the cause but its still happening from time to time.

Its random right now so its hard to narrow down whats causing it ;(
  6. Sal R.

Sal R. Member

I guess I should clarify. When I say disappear, they are no longer availalble in the drawer, app shortcuts, widgets, etc.

They are still in the sys/app dir, but almost like they were never installed.

Rebooting restores the app no problem, but it's a hassle to keep rebooting all the time.
  7. FrostMan

FrostMan New Member

From my experience, this is how MM has worked since day one. You theme a system app, its contents are changed, therefore a reboot is required for it to be visible again.

I have never been able to theme any app and still view it without restarting the phone.
  8. rcfx

rcfx New Member

I found that all my widgets disappeared if they were loaded on the sdcard, but when I moved them to the phone all is ok. Weird how every bodies phone acts so different on 2.2. Maybe that's why it's a 'before beta' maybe?
  9. Sal R.

Sal R. Member

Never was like this when I ran SGv6.0.1 or BB1.0 or BBv1.1.

I was able to apply MM themes to system/app apks and the changes were applied w/o having to reboot. You had to recreate widgets, but that was not much of a problem.

I guess it's one of those things where YMMV.
Search tags for this page

galaxy note 4.0.4 sd card app shortcuts problem

what causes apps to disappear on galaxy note 2