applocke apps seem to have problems since kitkatt

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I have noticed that the app locker program constantly prompts for password more often than the configured time. I looked at all the similar apps and their reviews had similar issues. Does anyone know of a stable app locker on kittkaty droid maxx?

RAZRmax

Reaction score
I am using the Avast one. No issues with Kitkat though I'm just using the free version which limits you to two apps to lock. You might want to try it and see if it solves your issue.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Looks like it might work but its a subscription service while the other one I use is a one time lifetime payment. Also avast includes antivirus so you have to uninstall others . I would buy it possibly if the could in bundle app protector. It has more downloads then other app protectors but similar downloads to other antivirus apps

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I just tried McAfee security which is really good but is more like a parental protector with antivirus it makes a screen of only your unlocked apps unless you set home screen launched back to default then it acts like an app protector and asks for PW for each app bit only has an off or on feature with no timer to relock after a certain time I had been using cluth mobiles app locker for years but now I switched to Smart App Protector - Download Link : http://market.android.com/details?id=com.sp.protector.free. and paid the2.99 lifetime fee seems good so far. I also didn't like that McAfee was a yearly subscription . I will try the other suggestions if this one has issues.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Also the app lock I'm trying makes you enter your pw for each app instead of unlocking all apps for a period of time. I asked developer if it can be added

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Smart app protector works too well I have it set to relock after thirty min but it locks after the screen licks after 2 min unless I'm typing even wit that feature off. Anybody know how to fix?

I may have to try the next one in the list ....

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Went back to smart applocker that is 2.99 lifetime it
Best way to use it is to set the app lock auto restart time ie. 30 min and instead of just clicking an app to unlock which can be set to 0 to 30 go to the drawer and unlock the app it will stay unlocked till preset time 0 to 3 hrs
I would like the the unlock app when clicking an app to unlock all apps and not restart until a delay even when screen locked but I had to do the steps above to accomplish. Best usable one since kitkattt update aggravated that kittkatt made me switch apps as my old app I was using used to do what I discribed