1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

applied a 1.25ghz kernel but phone only uses 800mhz

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by motherpuncher22, Aug 2, 2010.

1. motherpuncher22

motherpuncher22 New Member

i applied a chevy 1.25ghz kernel and when i look in the android system info app it shows that my operating range is from 250mhz up to 1250 and even shows the percentage of time the phone uses each step. ive noticed that it never uses more than 800mhz and still only uses 550 the most frequently. i played some final fantasy 7 and it was real choppy, so i checked the app and it still never went over 800mhz. I figured it would since the game was still choppy, it could certainly use it, it seems. So does anyone know if this would be a problem with the kernel, or my phone? i know others have said it runs smooth at 1ghz, but mine is not reaching that. Any
    suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
  2. kyle94481

kyle94481 New Member

Maybe you're running at a too low of a voltage to support the higher clock. Look up the application setCPU (You can get it for free from the XDA boards online) and see if the sliders on the starting page will reach past 800Mhz
  3. LVGDroidFan

LVGDroidFan New Member

Depending on what ROM that you are using, you probably need SetCPU to overclock to 1250. Most ROMs won't automatically overclock to the highest step (a few will).
  4. motherpuncher22

motherpuncher22 New Member

Ok cool thanks for the info guys!......

Ok I just installed setcpu and got it running at 1250... FF VII runs flawless now and everything on the phone is incredibly fast.. I'm totally blown away by this thing.. thanks for the help guys
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2010