Applications You Will Get

cramit

Reaction score
Checkbook Apps

I am looking to replace my iPhone with a Droid (maybe even today!). I am looking for a good checkbook app. I have found several, but am looking for any recommendations.

Here is what I have found:

I am leaning toward myMoney (free) and Checkbook Genius (fully featured). MyExpencePal looks good too.

Maybe I'll see about moving to Mint.com...but they lack a dedicated android app.

jcstarr

Reaction score
Yeah i think that has is posted. I have a sticky on the main apps forum with a huge list. if you find something that's not there and you want it to be, just let me know.

Gotcha -- definitely add Keyring to that list though.

People's reactions are priceless when you pull out your phone for them to scan your rewards card.

Searching in Market and even scanning the barcode from the site does not find Keyring. I REALLY want this app. Any suggestions?

fegriffith

Reaction score
I am looking to replace my iPhone with a Droid (maybe even today!). I am looking for a good checkbook app. I have found several, but am looking for any recommendations.

I am leaning toward myMoney (free) and Checkbook Genius (fully featured). MyExpencePal looks good too.

Maybe I'll see about moving to Mint.com...but they lack a dedicated android app.

I had actually spotted checkbook genius hyper edition in my research as well. I like that it can be backed up to the card. I HATED having to reload my checkbook entries on the BB whenever I did a new OS (I was using splashdata). I will miss having a computer counterpart to work on, though.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Password Vault and App killer were my must haves....

cramit

Reaction score

I had actually spotted checkbook genius hyper edition in my research as well. I like that it can be backed up to the card. I HATED having to reload my checkbook entries on the BB whenever I did a new OS (I was using splashdata). I will miss having a computer counterpart to work on, though.
Well if it can import and export csv files, it is just a matter of opening and adding to the csv file with excell/open office calc.

DaHarder

Reaction score
Kinoma Play... for Android

If there's one app that I'm most eagerly awaiting port to Android it's Kinoma Play... The best AIO mobile media app I've ever used

The other one I'd love to see ported is SPB Mobile Shell.

Stigy

Reaction score
Yeah i think that has is posted. I have a sticky on the main apps forum with a huge list. if you find something that's not there and you want it to be, just let me know.

Gotcha -- definitely add Keyring to that list though.

People's reactions are priceless when you pull out your phone for them to scan your rewards card.

Searching in Market and even scanning the barcode from the site does not find Keyring. I REALLY want this app. Any suggestions?

Froogloid saw some bugs in their 2.0 release of the software so they pulled it. Developer said Keyring should be back up today.

Froogloid Blog Archive Attn DROID 2.0 Key Ring, a2b, and CowPotato Users

jweber

Reaction score
Handcent SMS

Handcent SMS is excellent. Has a setting for reminder so your phone will beep at intervals so you know you have a new text, Has visual blinking light if you want it completely silent and has pop up with quick reply.

By far a better text app than the one on android and it's free. FIVE stars

jhalsey205

Reaction score
A couple of recent adds on my list:

• Bump
  • DockRunner
  • iMap Weather
  • Touchdown (for exchange sync) much better than native app

thesweetstevie

Reaction score
i downloaded homepanda. it was fine until i downloaded some other themes. they did not work so i got rid of them all.

does open home work any better?

thank you

fgy671

Reaction score
got the "talk to me" app for translation....works well for spanish and the voice recognition on this thing is phenominal!!

pouls29

Reaction score
Tried searching for "Layar" in the marketplace and couldn't find it. The barcode on androlib also didn't yield results. Anyway to find this?