Applications replacing one another

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I've been having this problem for a while. I never bothered posting it but its getting really annoying. My problem is whenever I download or uninstall an app and press the home button, my widgets replace each other on the home screens. This problem also happens when I reboot my phone. I am rooted and using stock. I tried factory reseting and same problem. I even restored stock and rooted again and still getting the same problems. Really frustrating. I have enclosed a couple of screens shots for you to get an idea.
shot_000006.pngScreenShot.png

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hi Guys,
I've been having this problem for a while. I never bothered posting it but its getting really annoying. My problem is whenever I download or uninstall an app and press the home button, my widgets replace each other on the home screens. This problem also happens when I reboot my phone. I am rooted and using stock. I tried factory reseting and same problem. I even restored stock and rooted again and still getting the same problems. Really frustrating. I have enclosed a couple of screens shots for you to get an idea.

Over had this happen on my old D2 but only on third party launchers. It usually happened when I had too many apps installed. I've never experienced this with the RAZR though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
TRIKOTRET

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Over had this happen on my old D2 but only on third party launchers. It usually happened when I had too many apps installed. I've never experienced this with the RAZR though.

Come Fox. I expected to see a long explanation from for my problem. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Come Fox. I expected to see a long explanation from for my problem. :)

Sorry to disappoint, but what was the greater disappointment, the lack of a fix or the fact it was so short? Lol.

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
Do you have the apps that are being replaced (including the ones you have widgets for) on the external SD card? If so I would try moving them to internal storage and see if that solves the problem.

OP
TRIKOTRET

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Do you have the apps that are being replaced (including the ones you have widgets for) on the external SD card? If so I would try moving them to internal storage and see if that solves the problem.

That solved the problem for apps replacing one another but it didn't solve the widget problems.

OP
TRIKOTRET

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
No I don't have task killers or smart actions setup.

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
I'm out of ideas... other than what FoxKat suggested if you are using a replacement launcher. I use ADW Launcher EX with no issues but I am not rooted. My suggestions are from my experience with my Driod 1 which was rooted and I was using Launcher Pro at the time.

OP
TRIKOTRET

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Well I'm running stock launcher. Oh well. Thanks for the suggestions ill just deal with it

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Well I'm running stock launcher. Oh well. Thanks for the suggestions ill just deal with it

The comment about moving apps to internal storage got me thinking. When the phone is powering up, the external SD card isn't yet mounted. Could it be that the widgets are also on the external card and are being called before the SD card is completed mounting?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with voice to text translation. Please excuse minor spelling/grammar/punctuation errors.

OP
TRIKOTRET

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I checked the widget apps and they are on the phone. Most of the Widgets which get replaced are favorite contact, wifi and my data.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I checked the widget apps and they are on the phone. Most of the Widgets which get replaced are favorite contact, wifi and my data.

Darn...I was hoping that might have been the cause. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling just those widgets? I am thinking perhaps something to do with the install locations of the other apps may have thrown off the pointers altogether. It's at least worth a try>?

OP
TRIKOTRET

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Darn...I was hoping that might have been the cause. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling just those widgets? I am thinking perhaps something to do with the install locations of the other apps may have thrown off the pointers altogether. It's at least worth a try>?

They are system widgets like favorite contacts and wifi. I doubt i can remove and then install??

Edit: I am going to install each widget and reboot and see which is the trouble maker so i can get rid of it DancingNexus

OP
TRIKOTRET

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I guess I found out the source of my problem. It's from restoring my screen desktops through my backup pro. I did two tests. The first test after I factory reset my phone, I manually set my apps and Widgets on desktops. I did about five reboots and all the icons and Widgets were in the correct spot. So I factory reset again and restored my screen desktops through my backup pro and after the first reboot icons and Widgets were all over the place. After placing the Widgets and icons in correct spot, I booted again. The icons and Widgets were again all over the place. Therefore anyone know of another app that can back up home screens like my backup pro? I usually restore my apps either TB without data or just let download from Market on their own