Applications not installed after Froyo?

nerdstaz

Reaction score
I installed Froyo, and have SU and everything is fine...I can use the phone etc. However, some apps are missing. Like several google apps and the market!

I have an icon for the market, but it gives an error "Application not installed"

I didnt change or try to move any of the bloatware yet, this is a fresh install. I rooted 2.1, did the magic and installed 2.2 with root. I couldnt find any other post with similar problems. How can I get these back? Should I sbf back and start over?

Thanks

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i havent seen anyone with missing apps. how did you go from 2.1 to 2.2?

maybe try a quick battery pull first to see if that fixes anything

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
any other problems? i can upload the market.apk for you if thats the one you need

OP
N

nerdstaz

Reaction score
"Application is not installed on your phone"

Is the error I get when I click the market icon, and it doesn't show up in the app drawer.

OP
N

nerdstaz

Reaction score
If you don't mind, I would appreciate that upload. I don't notice anything else missing that I would miss...its just strange. Ive rooted a dozen Droid 1s for friends/family/ and myself...and never saw that one happen!

Thanks for your help by the way. Hopefully that will work. I just wish I knew what could cause that

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
cant find it in the /system/app so searching the whole phone for "market"

unless you know what its called..

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Vending.apk

good call. just install and match permissions to other apks in /system/app

i need to go to bed though so any problems just pm me and ill get back to u when i get back on

OP
N

nerdstaz

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the file! I can see the market now, I just cant download and it force closes. I should have done this the not-so-lazy way! Ha

bdamato

Reaction score
Vending.apk

I had the same problem (market application not installed after upgrade to Froyo).

I browsed to /System/apps and re-installed vending.apk. It kept force-closing on me when I tried to download an app, but I managed to fix it by going to settings->Applications->Manage Applications->Market and did "clear data" "clear cache" and "force stop", then rebooted my whole phone. Everything worked fine after that.