Application that would lock the screen

mangmang

Reaction score
Hi I have a Droid Incredible Froyo 2.2.I was looking for an application or widget that you would press on your screen instead of turning the phone off to avoid accidentally pressing other buttons and it would lock the screen.

Thank You

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
im pretty sure Android doesnt allow apps to control things like this.

whats wrong with pressing the power button to turn off the screen?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe the OP can be more specific. I'm not tracking as to how pressing the screen to not accidentally press the screen would be of a benefit...

OP
M

mangmang

Reaction score
Hi guys thank you for your posts, For what ever reason I feel like that power button has a life span and I am gonna break it if i keep on pressing it everytime i answer a text or email that is why i was looking for a widget or app that would let me lock it so I wont press any buttons accidentally.

Thank You

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hi guys thank you for your posts, For what ever reason I feel like that power button has a life span and I am gonna break it if i keep on pressing it everytime i answer a text or email that is why i was looking for a widget or app that would let me lock it so I wont press any buttons accidentally.

Thank You

Been pressing mine pretty frequently for quite some time now with no issues. Don't drop the phone (cases are a good idea) and let it get chipped or anything because that will be blamed as the culprit IF the power button came out. Insurance is a plus too.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, dont stress button stress. I havent seen anyone here yet who's had power button issues. You're far more likely to have other issues :)

Fear not.

stephenandrew

Reaction score
You should use Screen Suite android app v 2.2 enable you to lock your screen. This android app is just like the iPhone-style lockscreen that Stay Awake Screen and prevents your phone from going to sleep

schoon

Reaction score
Found "Lock Screen Widget" in the Marketplace that is free, seems to do what you want it to.

schoon

Reaction score
Yeah, just confirmed it does just that, put the widget on your home screen, small icon space and just press it, locks screen immediately.

OP
M

mangmang

Reaction score
Re

Thank you guys Lock screen widget does exactly what I wanted :)