Application startup lag

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by kylo77, Jun 15, 2011.

1. kylo77

kylo77 New Member

Looking for a sanity check here...

Running 5.4 on my OG with Chevy's lv 1.0ghz kernal. Any app that I launch opens quick enough (what I mean is that the application title bar pops up to the top of the screen) but then there is anywhere from a 3 to 7 second delay before the app actually populates. Is this normal? Would supercharge help speed things up?

5.4 breathed new life into my OG and it runs great except for these startup delays.

thanks
  2. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay New Member

What do you have the governor and your min and Max slots set to?

Could be lagging due to a lack if ram. Check and see what is running and how much free ram you have.

Sent from OG Droid sporting SS5.4 w/HoneyGingerComb and Chevy's lv1.0ghz kernal
  3. kylo77

kylo77 New Member

I've tried different governors: Interactive, Ondemand, Smartass, with very little noticeable difference. Max and Min are set to 1000 and 250. I don't have the phone in my hand at the moment to check RAM. What should I have available?

thanks for the response
  4. Paidnfull

Paidnfull New Member

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. My phone lags a bit more these days since flashing 5.4
  5. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay New Member

Try flashing different kernals. many people who were using ulv kernals with previous ss builds have had to switch to something is a higher voltage.

But check available ram and running services. There's no set amount of ram that you should have free, but the more the better. I usually have around 30-40mb free.

6. kylo77

kylo77 New Member

I checked in settings>storage and have 80mb available.

I tried Chevy's Med voltage 1ghz kernal and the phone started acting strange so I backed out.

Thanks

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  7. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay New Member

Not storage, running services.

8. kylo77

kylo77 New Member

Sorry my bad....40mb

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  9. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay New Member

These apps that are lagging do they require network? Now that you mentioned ive noticed that apps which require internet on launch (ie Droid forums, phandroid, stock quote) have this delay. Non internet requiring apps (ie:games, calculator, phone) boot right up.

10. kylo77

kylo77 New Member

Thanks Art, I see the delay with both network and non-network apps. This morning the phone was so lethargic I had to reboot. It's very strange how after a while the system just s-l-o-w-s down....
  11. spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I would suggest doing a cache wipe and a dalvik wipe from recovery then reboot. Sounds like everything is good on your end. Not 100% that the wipe will work but at least it won't hurt. You can even try changing the Max overclock to like 900 and see if that helps. Some Morotola Droids can't go past 1000 or 1100, some can overclock to 1200mhz and not have an issue.
Search tags for this page

android delay app startup

android system startup lags

is it normal for chevrolet to delay startup