Application Shortcuts Locked

Rake

Reaction score
Somehow I have managed to lock all the applications on my phone and I can't figure out how to undo it. Every time I click an app and hold to add/move/delete I just get a message across the top of my screen that says Screen Locked with a little symbol of a closed lock. I can still use and access the apps but I cannot add/delete/move them. I've been hunting everywhere I can think of to undo this but I can't find a setting for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SallyC

Reaction score
Somehow I have managed to lock all the applications on my phone and I can't figure out how to undo it. Every time I click an app and hold to add/move/delete I just get a message across the top of my screen that says Screen Locked with a little symbol of a closed lock. I can still use and access the apps but I cannot add/delete/move them. I've been hunting everywhere I can think of to undo this but I can't find a setting for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you rooted? Are you using the stock launcher?

If you drag it up to the top of the screen do you see the trash icon?

sekii

Reaction score
Are you rooted? Are you using the stock launcher?

If you drag it up to the top of the screen do you see the trash icon?

Hi, so I'm not rooted and i don't know what the stock launcher means (i understand both word but not the meaning), and about trash icon: i remembered that once i had a problem, the icon was kind of vibrating

thanks for your Answer ;)

SallyC

Reaction score
Hi, so I'm not rooted and i don't know what the stock launcher means (i understand both word but not the meaning), and about trash icon: i remembered that once i had a problem, the icon was kind of vibrating

The launcher is basically the software that acts like your desktop so if you don't know you probably haven't changed it.

I'm not clear yet if you can drag an icon up to the top of your screen and see a trash can? It won't be there unless you are dragging something up to the top center of the screen.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3

Stock launcher is your moto home screens that came with the phone brand new. Chances are you are using the stock launcher unless you downloaded another launcher from play store such as Go-launcher or adw launcher. The Trash icon is how you can customize the stock launcher to fit your needs. If you press and hold on an app icon or widget on your home screen, then while pressing and holding, drag it to the top of the screen, you will see a red glow trash icon at the top of the screen. Drop the icon or widget into that trash icon and you no longer will have it on your home screen (although the app still exists in your app drawer). Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3

Rake, if you are using Go-launcher, then go to menu. At the top of the menu you will have choices for Main, PlugIns, and More. Go to "More" and there is an option to lock screen (or unlock screen if your screen is locked).

OP
R

Rake

Reaction score
Rake, if you are using Go-launcher, then go to menu. At the top of the menu you will have choices for Main, PlugIns, and More. Go to "More" and there is an option to lock screen (or unlock screen if your screen is locked).

That did the trick, I've been searching for a resolution for about 3-4 days now and I can't believe it was that simple. lol

Thank you very much for the help.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
You are very welcome. This forum has been my life saver more than once!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You are very welcome. This forum has been my life saver more than once!

Just paying it forward, I see!! Nice one! :rockon: