Application like Locale but with time???

Newton122189

Reaction score
I am wondering if there is an application out there that has the exact functionality of Locale but instead of basing it on your location it is based on the time of day and the day of the week. It seems like such a waste of battery to use Locale when I know that Monday-Friday from 8-530 I will want my to be on vibrate. If no such application exists then I definitely think someone should make it, it would be a great app to have.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

OP
N

Newton122189

Reaction score
i just realized that, lol, but i think timeriffic is more of what i was looking for

OP
N

Newton122189

Reaction score
I've been using Timeriffic.

yeah, of course i search for like an hour trying to find an app like that and I have no luck so I decide to post and within 5 minutes i stumble across timeriffic, oh well at least i found it

raven1911

Reaction score
Murphy's Law!:)

I was looking for the same kinda app. After reading timeriffic I see a comment in the marketplace about how this disables silent mode on the Droid? Is this true?

Last edited:

stevo95

Reaction score
Does anyone else find locale lags quite a bit? I uninstalled it because it takes too long to switch settings based on GPS and sometimes doesnt even change the settings.

backlash

Reaction score

I was looking for the same kinda app. After reading timeriffic I see a comment in the marketplace about how this disables silent mode on the Droid? Is this true?
I don't use silent mode. I can try though, hold on.

EDIT: So, I've had timmeriffic installed for a few weeks now. Silent mode works for me.

Last edited:

raven1911

Reaction score

EDIT: So, I've had timmeriffic installed for a few weeks now. Silent mode works for me.

Thanks! I use silent when sleeping, so couldn't use it without that mode working!

OP
N

Newton122189

Reaction score

Thanks! I use silent when sleeping, so couldn't use it without that mode working!

yeah it works for me too

bdbull

Reaction score
Does anyone else find locale lags quite a bit? I uninstalled it because it takes too long to switch settings based on GPS and sometimes doesnt even change the settings.

I don't mind the lag because it would absolutely hammer the battery if it checked gps constantly, but I have found it not working with my gps settings. I even popped open maps to make sure it knew where I was, but locale still didn't update the settings.

stevo95

Reaction score

I don't mind the lag because it would absolutely hammer the battery if it checked gps constantly, but I have found it not working with my gps settings. I even popped open maps to make sure it knew where I was, but locale still didn't update the settings.

Good to know, I had the same problem so uninstalled it.

backlash

Reaction score
One thing I wish this did do was allow you to use different ring tones or notifications for the rules and times you set. I have some notification tones I don't want to use during work hours.........but I would like to use them after hours. It would be awesome if timeriffic let you do this.