Application/hack question: Handscent

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I changed the widget icon for handscent and it was working great. Then I got an update notification and after I installed it, everything went back to stock, everything including background image, bubble colors, etc.

No problem, I'll just re-install the new icon and be good. However, nothing seemed to work. Either the png file that is the widget icon eludes me, or they did something that keeps me from changing it.

Any ideas? Here's what I'm shooting for.
5859d1270509620-screenshots-peoples-droid-desktops-mail-text_widget.png

I restored to my last back up so I got it back, but if they're fixing bugs and such, I don't want to miss out and I still want my icon.

Thanks

King James

Reaction score
I don't have the answer for you but just wanted to say those icons are awesome!

ohioDroid

Reaction score
I don't have the answer for you but just wanted to say those icons are awesome!

I'm with this guy, I can't really help you, but I'd be interested to know what you've done to get the phone set up like that!

Reaction score
pull the apk and look for the picture they use for the widget in drawable-hdpi...maybe they just changed the name of the widget picture and you just need to change the metamorph's picture to that name?

Blayzejlm

Reaction score
I hope you got your Handcent problem fixed. So i'm wondering how to install those icons? I DLed from the 3 links you posted but then what do I do? Change them to update.zip and reboot or what? Sorry for trying to hijack the thread but I'm banking on you fixed your problem :icon_ devil:

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
pull the apk and look for the picture they use for the widget in drawable-hdpi...maybe they just changed the name of the widget picture and you just need to change the metamorph's picture to that name?
Yeah, that's how I did it previously but for some reason after the update (that I've since killed by restoring to when it was working) but now, after replacing all of them, it just doesn't take :(

I hope you got your Handcent problem fixed. So i'm wondering how to install those icons? I DLed from the 3 links you posted but then what do I do? Change them to update.zip and reboot or what? Sorry for trying to hijack the thread but I'm banking on you fixed your problem :icon_ devil:
Sorry. no install programmed or anything. They're just png files, picture files that you can have. I use Bettercut to replace all my shortcut icons to the ones I made. The widgets I messed with myself separately to match the icons.