Application Drawer Not Refreshing?

trevorx3

Reaction score
After I install an app, it doesn't show up on the list. I have to reboot the device to make it refresh.

If I uninstall an app, the icon remains on the list until I reboot.

What gives?

I know it automatically refreshed when I first got it. I am completely stock now, although at one point I wasn't. Completely stock now, even my boot screen is stock.

OP
T

trevorx3

Reaction score
My autosync doesn't work well either anymore. My emails don't arrive automatically, usually. If the push does work, it's usually only after I have 4+ emails in my inbox. I'm forced to turn autosync on/off to get it to check for emails without opening the Gmail app most of the time.

warrior21

Reaction score
I sort of have this issue since I installed Helix. I don't usually have to reboot the phone but it does take a little while for the icon to show up in the drawer when I install an app. The same thing happens when I uninstall one, nothing will happen when you press the icon but it is still present for a while.

warrior21

Reaction score
For the email you can try settings>manage applications>hit the menu button and press filter and then runnings apps. Go down to gmail and gmail storage and clear the cache on both. I started getting my emails after I did this

OP
T

trevorx3

Reaction score
Thanks for your help with the email. Still having problems with my app drawer though... it's not refreshing at all without a reboot. Not even after 12 hours.

toddegreene

Reaction score
Thanks for your help with the email. Still having problems with my app drawer though... it's not refreshing at all without a reboot. Not even after 12 hours.

I think they just got Helix Launcher to work with stock a couple days ago. This may be a bug. It would probably be a good idea to email the dev. I don't have my Droid with me (charging in other room), but you can get the email from marketplace. Also, have you tried to relaunch Helix Home->Menu->Configure-> and maybe another submenu. It's not a substitute for proper operation, but it may give the dev more info if you decide to email him.

OP
T

trevorx3

Reaction score
I don't have Helix installed, nor have I even heard of it.

OP
T

trevorx3

Reaction score
No, it's fine. The other guy mentioned it, and I didn't really respond to it. Not necessarily your fault.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Are you manually installing these apps, or from the Market?

OP
T

trevorx3

Reaction score
All my apps are being installed through the Market.

OP
T

trevorx3

Reaction score
Nope. As mentioned in my original post, I'm all stock. A while back, I was rooted and running a few different roms, but I'm completely stock now. No root, no APLoader, nothing.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Try sync from Terminal Emulator.

So install an app, open the terminal and type

Code:
sync

See if it makes it show in the app drawer.