Application desappeared from the menu

Aiwa

Reaction score
I installed an application and it normally was on my menu when I click the triangle. Recently however it desappeared but when I go to the marketplace it says Open so it must still be installed. Does anyone know a way I could recover the icon in the menu so I can create a shortcut?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Technoman

Reaction score
I installed an application and it normally was on my menu when I click the triangle. Recently however it desappeared but when I go to the marketplace it says Open so it must still be installed. Does anyone know a way I could recover the icon in the menu so I can create a shortcut?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Do you mean the launcher tray at the middle bottom of the touch screen?

The links there are not shortcuts you can change within the standard HOME launcher. Are you running a different launcher than the STD default one?

Are you rooted, and running a custom ROM?

OP
A

Aiwa

Reaction score
Yes I mean the triangle pointing up w a circle around whcih when I click appears all the applications but this one that I am looking for. I am using the original SDK as far as I know and I did install a few applications like uninstaller and task killer so it desappeared after I installed a few applications like that one. Any suggestions of what I should try?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Probably unrelated but you should get rid of the task killer. They're no good and end up causing problems. Have you tried a reboot?

tappin and a talkin

Technoman

Reaction score
And you could uninstall the APP in question and then install again. It may have had issues with the file. Is it a Market APP, or a third party outside of the market?

kevinkar

Reaction score
This happens to me every couple of weeks and it's fixed with a simple off/on cycle. Just a quirk of the phone and OS.

Not only do the icons disappear from the app drawer but if I've put a shortcut on the home screen, those icons turn into a generic Monitor with gear icon but still start the program.

Just a quirk.

OP
A

Aiwa

Reaction score
At first the On and Off didn't work but I waited a while more and the icon came back by itself. So yes simply turning the droid on and off seems to work fine. Thanks for all replies