Application data space is low notification

jazzfreek

Reaction score
I started having this issue as soon as I loaded the new vector based Google Maps app, a month or so ago. Soon after they released a new version which I installed, and that seemed to take care of the problem. I have one reoccurance since then and I killed a couple of running apps and it hasn't happened since. I have a feeling that there is some type of bug in android because it is supposed to swap the programs in and out to prevent this. I never had the problem at all until Google Maps changed. What really ticks me off is these stupid apps that you can't remove,because they start up again automatically, like SKYPE, CITY ID, and some others. That's what I am doing in this forum, checking out to see what is involved with rooting so that I can remove this junk.

OP
D

demobrain

Reaction score
A few days ago I uninstalled and then reinstalled Google Earth and the message went away. We'll see.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
jazzfreak, there's a rooting tutorial linked in my signature. The actual process itself is pretty easy.

One suggestion though is to uninstall any task killer you have. It's not necessary with Android- the system balances resources on its own so that idle processes are closed to make room for active ones.

jazzfreek

Reaction score
Thanks alot, enlightened! Gonna do it! Brings me back to 1990-94 when I was the unix (Ultrix) guy for DEC in my area...Any quick links or suggestions for how to remove these unwanted unkillable apps that keep starting up automatically? I am going to wait awhile before I try a custom ROM, but would really like to kill off these processes. I never used a task killer because of how android is supposed to work. It really seems WRONG that they force these apps on you, although I suppose it is Verizon that is doing it....Thanks again.