Application data space is low notification

demobrain

Reaction score
I have a DInc with manually loaded OTA 2.2 rooted using unrevoked. I'm getting the Application data space is low notification. I have moved all the apps that can be to the sd card. I now have much more space available on phone memory than I had before it started giving me the message. I have 476mb free out of 748mb on my Phone memory. I've had it as low as 230mb and not received this message. The phone internal memory is at 6.35g free out of 6.6g. My sd card is at 9.14g free out of 14.83g. Something that might or might not be related, I'm having lots of Installation Unsuccessful errors when updating or installing new apps. It doesn't seem to matter if they're on phone or sd memory.

Does anyone know what's going on?
Is it possible to change the partition between Phone Memory and Internal Phone Storage?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

lovellstudios

Reaction score
I'm having the same issues...

Sounds similar to my Dinc - I've moved everything, deleted anything - it shows that I have ample space - but I still get the notice "application space is low" this just started within the last few weeks. I've made very little changes or even added programs - just the normal upgrades.

I'm starting to think that one or more of the updates are causing the problems...

My phone available is over 4GB and SD has over 1GB.

Matt,

techguru

Reaction score
It has been a problem with the Dinc since release. Send to be when you hit 25% of available ram or rom left you get the error. I just try to ignore it.

Alan

ShuckThatJive

Reaction score
I've had this problem too, and had heard around the Internet that it's a problem with HTC's Mail app. When I got in touch with HTC support, that's what they said, too - they told me to delete all the data and cache from the Mail app and try using a different K9, a different mail app.

K9 doesn't do exchange well, so it's pretty useless to me. Short of wiping your settings from the Mail app, the next step is to wipe the phone, so I usually take the notification as an opportunity to try out a new ROM :)

And techguru, I don't know about your phone, but on mine, as long as that notification is there, auto sync is turned off, meaning that all the neat bells and whistles that the phone is for are gone. Pretty hard to ignore!

tawkintayooze

Reaction score
I am getting the same message, I deleted a ton of apps, and moved everything I could to SD and has not changed anything.. anyone have a known fix for this ?

techguru

Reaction score
I have heard that disabling facebook synch helps resolve the issue. I get out less since doing so.

Alan

tawkintayooze

Reaction score
Ok, so I've noticed few things,.. the icon in notifications about the low data goes away in vibrate mode, but as soon as I turn ringer on it comes back.. either way its not letting me download attachments in text messages... ?

Stressed Out Studios

Bdragon007

Reaction score
Mine was never set to sync with FB but I still get this problem. I find it very very annoying...

OP
D

demobrain

Reaction score
I now cannot install new apps and I have very few apps on phone memory.

Stainless1

Reaction score
A little more help?

I've had this problem too, and had heard around the Internet that it's a problem with HTC's Mail app. When I got in touch with HTC support, that's what they said, too - they told me to delete all the data and cache from the Mail app and try using a different K9, a different mail app.

K9 doesn't do exchange well, so it's pretty useless to me. Short of wiping your settings from the Mail app, the next step is to wipe the phone, so I usually take the notification as an opportunity to try out a new ROM :)

And techguru, I don't know about your phone, but on mine, as long as that notification is there, auto sync is turned off, meaning that all the neat bells and whistles that the phone is for are gone. Pretty hard to ignore!

I never would have suspected the email app. Even though I noticed at the same time, my email notifier and program started acting erradically.

I'll try the email reset. How do I know if my phone auto-syncs?

Rmlaia

Reaction score
I had the same issue which started after the latest update to Google Earth. I uninstalled the program and all is well. It is a large program, but I believe it is unrelated to the size; as I have plenty of space on my DINC. I'd like to know if anyone on this forum can confirm this?

JonMcP

Reaction score
I had the same issue which started after the latest update to Google Earth. I uninstalled the program and all is well..... I'd like to know if anyone on this forum can confirm this?

YES!! Thank you! I've been puzzling over this "low space" message for a couple of days now. I just uninstalled Google Earth and the message has gone away. So that's two of us who have seen this work. Curious to hear if there are more...

JonMcP

Reaction score
arrrggg.. well, the "low on space" message just came back.

SD card: 1.78GB available out of 1.84GB
Internal: 6.45GB available out of 6.60GB
Phone Memory: 669MB available out of 748MB

So clearly being "low on space" is not an accurate assessment of my phone's current state.

Last edited:

JonMcP

Reaction score
More:

I just did a little more digging and realized that my "Contacts Storage" application was over 104MB!!! I've got maybe 40 contacts in my phone, so clearly something was screwy. I cleared the data and the "low space" error immediately went away. Of course, now I have to reload my contact info. But no more than I had that's not a huge issue for me, especially as I'm going to be stuck at home with a sick kid the next day or so- it'll give me something to do!