Apple's New Lawsuit: Claims Samsung Galaxy Nexus Copies Slide-to-Unlock Motion

Reaction score
Apple is nothing but a bunch of smug bastards that think they own everything, just like apple customers.

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
Apple is nothing but a bunch of smug bastards that think they own everything, just like apple customers.

That's corporate-cronyism at its finest, with class-warfare to boot. Makes it way into markets and other areas of interest you wouldn't think of, usual game of politics. Guess taking ideas from Congress directly seems to work real well these days...:haha:

Gungiddy

Reaction score
At $420.00 per share for their stock, NOBODYS? I think Apple and Microsoft should send thank you notes every week to Xerox for letting them into Palo Alto and allowing them to have Xerox's technology. And Xerox should have fired every employee involved in that fiasco.

Apple to me has always been a group of elitists that think they invented everything. Didn't you know that Steve Jobs invented everything in this and past lives so ALL ideas are his? :biggrin:

MSFT = $29.71 per share
AAPL = $420.30 per share

The "Koolaid" is very strong!
I think value per share is slightly missleading. A better representation IMO would be Market Capitalization.

AAPL = 391.78B
MSFT = 249.29B
GOOG = 189.79B

The "Koolaid" must indeed taste good.

Nubbie

Reaction score
I'm glad they are suing over such a stupid thing. It will make any of their other lawsuits (that could potentially matter) look bad.

However I think Apple is doing this knowing that android really has innovated most of these features. therefor diminishing the opportunity for Google to take sue happy actions.

Early 90s was over a long time ago, time to end these frivolous lawsuits.

rayz007

Reaction score
It would be interesting to know what phones Apples lawyers use. Would be great to catch a photo of them using a galaxy nexus. Apple is screwed anyways without Jobs. Give em a few more years and watch the bubble burst.

DaWolf85

Reaction score
Was considering developing an app for both iOS and Android.... I suppose this makes that easier because now I only have to bother developing for Android :happy3:

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
What I find odd is why go after Samsung? Didn't Google make Android and develop the methods for unlocking? Why go after a phone manufacturer and not the company that made the actual function? I feel like I'm missing something here...

That or Apple doesn't have the clout to take on Google in court?

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
What I find odd is why go after Samsung? Didn't Google make Android and develop the methods for unlocking? Why go after a phone manufacturer and not the company that made the actual function? I feel like I'm missing something here...

they're scared of attacking google directly lol, im pretty sure (but not positive) that google is far more powerful, infuential, and richer than samsung so apple would rather take on the easier battles lol

Jimbop

Reaction score

Doesn't it have to do with the open source license? I believe since Google doesn't make money directly off Android and provides it free to the phone manufacturers, it is then the phone manufacturers making the money off Android.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

alboboy10

Reaction score
Because Google provides the operating system not the rest. Samsung used to have the flick the screen away unlock. HTC the flick down. Motorola had the slide and the rotating thing. Google doesn't provide these companies with ways to unlock the phone. All of that stuff is just part of the skin that these companies give their phones...I think at least.

Google will probably get sued also by apple at one point...(why apple recently filed to patent face unlock when ics had it first)