Apple Watch Review

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That watch looks like it's photoshopped onto his wrist. That or he just has very small wrists. (Which would be my problem for most smartwatches)

S5 tap'n
I was thinking it looked like something I'd jokingly post on this forum after a Picsay edit, something like my S cropped onto a photo of my 7 year olds arm back when I was anti smartwatch due to the girth of the Gear 1.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Lol. Totally showing him your posts.

TapaTurbo

Reactions: cr6

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I'll have a hands on soon. My wife's decided to get one. Apple has pushed their employees to try them out and giving them a good discount. $176.00 out the door. So a good deal for it even though its apple.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
She work at a store J? That's a pretty righteous discount. Should give folks a glimpse into what it costs Apple to make one. Less then $176.00.... wow.

//edit//
Odd. Buddy at work who was told a JUNE ship time (no specific day) got his SHIPPED notice today. The day after he tried it on. Hmmmm. Connection? Thinking so.

Last edited:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
She work at a store J? That's a pretty righteous discount. Should give folks a glimpse into what it costs Apple to make one. Less then $176.00.... wow.

//edit//
Odd. Buddy at work who was told a JUNE ship time (no specific day) got his SHIPPED notice today. The day after he tried it on. Hmmmm. Connection? Thinking so.
No... She's an at home adviser for iTunes. But yeah... I was impressed.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Coworker got his today. So ridiculously sad there is no ambient mode. Huge fail Apple. Huge. Its off most of the time. The only way it will go all day.
#fail #fail #fail #fail

TapaTurbo

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Coworker got his today. So ridiculously sad there is no ambient mode. Huge fail Apple. Huge. Its off most of the time. The only way it will go all day.
#fail #fail #fail #fail

TapaTurbo
You seem suprised.......Isn't a good fail expected from Apple??

sent from my fabulous Note 4♡

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You seem suprised.......Isn't a good fail expected from Apple??

sent from my fabulous Note 4♡
They'll still sell a ton.
No ambient mode? You don't really need it or want it so they did owners the favor of eliminating their mistaken thinking that they want it. Like launchers. You don't really want a launcher on your iDevice. That's just gas from the salad being mistaken for a thought.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Check out his battery. Now, in fairness this is his first day with it. Of course, you will use a ton on day 1...but...but...I went a full day on my first full day.
6aedf764c73a7931df5c8d13059674b6.jpg

His screen does look nicer then mine though. Right? He's at 26% I'm at 58%.

TapaTurbo

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
The wife was laughing at this watch last night. She said it looked stupid. She's a huge iFan and commented that all smartwatches looked goofy.

I showed her the LG Urbane LTE and she asked me when I am getting one :)

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The wife was laughing at this watch last night. She said it looked stupid. She's a huge iFan and commented that all smartwatches looked goofy.

I showed her the LG Urbane LTE and she asked me when I am getting one :)
I agree they look goofy on most modeled photos but they take models that don't weigh much more than the watch, complete with wrist the size of my thumb, and use that to show off the product. Granted it works great to show the device but in reality it'd be better not to have it on a human that weighs less than 100 pounds if they don't want it looking weird or ginormous.
My S looks like a normal sized sport watch on my wrist but I've got large arms and wrists. Dude I work with is getting an iwatch, already ordered it, and his biceps are about the size of my forearms. It's gonna look really silly on him,a normal Timex looks big on him.