Apple Watch Review

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I do like the crown for scrolling idea. That's about the only thing that I think is a cool feature. Even though I'd probably never use it as swiping on the screen is fine, and I wear my watch on my right wrist (lefty) so using it would be kind of silly, I think it's a neat implementation of the crown.

Reactions: cr6

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I mean, if you're going to have a crown, might as well give it as much function as possible. Did I hear that some things are done by pushing the crown in as well? Plus there's the button on the side. I think touch is the obvious input for these devices, but that's not to say that I think it has to be the only one. The crown would be especially handy for keeping smudges off of the screen, though I don't feel like I'd use it all that much myself either.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Sorry, didn't mean anything by it, it was just the way the thread fell together that made it seem like it could be a sarcastic comment.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Like I said, "that's just me". It's simply not a "must have" for me. I've been wearing watches for the past 30 years, but I look down at it maybe 3-4 times throughout the day. That, and I don't feel the need to be notified of a message "as soon as it arrives". If I don't get to a message for two hours than so be it.
Again, that's just me. It works for some people that's great.

S5 tap'n

I'm not in a position to have to hover over my phone to see which notifications are coming in. If the office finds something important enough that requires an immediate action then we use phone calls in lieu of texts, emails, etc.

I also have never worn a watch so that coupled with the fact that Facebook, Whatsapp, Email notifications etc aren't a ground moving experience for me are what make having a smart watch just another extra piece of tech for me.

The watch would have to actually be a phone, but I think right now there is only one like that and it is square shaped. I would like to see a traditional round one.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I'm not in a position to have to hover over my phone to see which notifications are coming in. If the office finds something important enough that requires an immediate action then we use phone calls in lieu of texts, emails, etc.

Yea, same boat here. So you have to carry your phone around with you all over your house, right? In case work calls? I don't. I can leave my phone in the kitchen and know anywhere in my house who is calling or emailing or texting.
Not trying to change your mind. This is NOT for everyone.
I certainly don't have FB or any other apps notifying me on my watch. But email? Txt? Calls? Loving it.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yea, same boat here. So you have to carry your phone around with you all over your house, right? In case work calls? I don't. I can leave my phone in the kitchen and know anywhere in my house who is calling or emailing or texting.
Not trying to change your mind. This is NOT for everyone.
I certainly don't have FB or any other apps notifying me on my watch. But email? Txt? Calls? Loving it.

I'm waiting for the stand alone version that is round and does not require a phone. That is when I will more than likely enter the smart watch arena.

When I am not at home my phone is on me. When I am at home my phone is always in hearing range so missing a call never happens. What I am looking for is smart phone independence. I want to be able to leave my house without thinking about grabbing my phone.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the stand alone version that is round and does not require a phone. That is when I will more than likely enter the smart watch arena.

When I am not at home my phone is on me. When I am at home my phone is always in hearing range so missing a call never happens. What I am looking for is smart phone independence. I want to be able to leave my house without thinking about grabbing my phone.
Isn't the upcoming LG Urbane LTE round? In not sure if it'll have a cellular radio like my Gear S but if it does that would be worth looking at I would think.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Isn't the upcoming LG Urbane LTE round? In not sure if it'll have a cellular radio like my Gear S but if it does that would be worth looking at I would think.

I'm not sure. Samsung is supposed to be releasing a watch in the near future that they claim they have taken a step back to redesign. I'm not sure when it is launching. They said they wanted to take their time with this one which, to me, means they wanted to see what the Apple watch brought to the table before throwing another watch into the fray.