apple vs samsung

rherron

Reaction score
Does anyone know for sure when the injunction begins? I've not seen that in any article I've read. My assumption is "immediately" as that's the nature of an injunction, but I've not seen that in print anywhere, and Amazon, Best By, and VZW still have Galaxy Tabs and Nexus phones for sale on their sites.

SwagTech

Reaction score
From my understanding Apple has to pay 96 million dollars first. That's in case that it is later found that Samsung did not violate the patents claimed. That money will go to them for damages etc.

zero7404

Reaction score
google is also looking to push a software patch/update that is a workaround for the patent issue. if they do that, it will enable samsung to appeal, it also keeps the device on the market.

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
As of last night the galaxy nexus is temporarily unavailable in the Google plays store

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
SSHGuru said:
I'll sell mine for $1000 since it's a collectors item now... :p

If you can sell it for that let me know I have two of them. Lol

rherron

Reaction score
What about the Galaxy Tab? As soon as Apple puts up the cash will sales be stopped? I've heard of no proposed remedy there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

WookieClaws

Reaction score
What about the Galaxy Tab? As soon as Apple puts up the cash will sales be stopped? I've heard of no proposed remedy there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

I read that the injunction is against the Galaxy Tab... not the Tab 2... seems weird but whatever

alboboy10

Reaction score
That one says gsm version will have it soon...Verizon will take forever

gernerttl

Reaction score
This is crap I have a nexus and I just ordered another nexus for my wife and a SGS3 which they are trying to get banned as well. I called Verizon and asked them what this means and they told me that they would have to replace every bodies phones. She also said that it would take apple awhile to enforce the ruling. The rep then went on and told me how much she hates apple.

You don't have to replace the phone. The injunction is for any FUTURE imports. Phones already in the U.S. are unaffected.

nikecar

Reaction score
now get ready for this.. Apple won a patent for creating/displaying lists on a mobile device.

Seriously, so anything that is now displayed in a lsit format will be open game.