Apple Successfully Blocks Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Sales in Australia

Markster1

Reaction score
I just read on engadget that samsung got the go ahead to sell the tablet there because they aren't selling the us version there.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apple may be going "sue crazy" but the fact that these judges are ruling favorably towards them shows that maybe they actually DO have legit reasons for these lawsuits. But I know some people here just blow that off to Apple having these judges in their back pocket...........

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apple may be going "sue crazy" but the fact that these judges are ruling favorably towards them shows that maybe they actually DO have legit reasons for these lawsuits. But I know some people here just blow that off to Apple having these judges in their back pocket...........

Yeah, the judges wouldn't grant an injunction like this if they didn't think there might be something there. But I guess the conspiracy theories sound more sexy about corporate bribing and stifling innovation haha

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apple, Samsung Tablet Wars Reach Australia - WSJ.com

At a hearing in Australia's Federal Court in Sydney on Monday, Samsung voluntarily agreed that it wouldn't import or offer to sell the device until the case was finalized or an order made by the court. Samsung also agreed to provide Apple's lawyers with three samples of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 it intends to sell in Australia for "review and analysis," according to court documents. Samsung had been due to launch the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Australia this month.

So....was it voluntarily or were they forced ....is WSJ wrong....

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apple, Samsung Tablet Wars Reach Australia - WSJ.com

At a hearing in Australia's Federal Court in Sydney on Monday, Samsung voluntarily agreed that it wouldn't import or offer to sell the device until the case was finalized or an order made by the court. Samsung also agreed to provide Apple's lawyers with three samples of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 it intends to sell in Australia for "review and analysis," according to court documents. Samsung had been due to launch the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Australia this month.
So....was it voluntarily or were they forced ....is WSJ wrong....

Ok, so as I read more, I think what happened was Apple filed the injunction, and then Samsung volunteered to stop before the courts ruled on the injunction.

But I don't get why Samsung would then say we're going to do it anyway now according to the Endgadget article. I'm sure if they do that, Apple will just renew the injunction....what a waste of time and money haha

Reaction score
Apple can't make a better product, so instead the just block the sales of the other products, nice.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Im not surprised I mean lets look at the track record:

apple-iphone-3g-02.jpg

_1_BMSS-SI90008GWH.JPG

iphone-4-pricing2.jpg

samsung-galaxy-s-2-review.jpg

139774-white-samsung-galaxy-s-2.jpg

ipod1g.jpg

samsung-galaxy-8220-touch-8221-yp-gb1-pmp-headed-to-ces_1.jpg

ipad-3g.jpg

Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-10.1-White.jpg

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
to me suing over form factor is no different that one car manufacturer suing another because their models look similar (which many of them do across the board). Yet they don't do this.

It's ridiculous.

Palmyra

Reaction score
If Samsung infringed Apple's patents and copyrights than this is good news.

If you can't innovate, just steal Apple's technologies and designs.

+1...the courts ruled on this, not Steve Jobs or Apple. Clearly Samsung infringed or it's pretty clear that there is evidence they infringed.

-1 Please take the time and do some reading on this. No court has ruled on Apple's filing. Nor has any court ruled on Samsung's counter.

Palmyra

Reaction score

:) This reminds me of the suit that McDonald's brought in Scotland a few years back against a 100+ year old Scottish restaurant named McDonald's. The restaurant is owned by a high ranking member of the Clan McDonald. I'll let you guess who won. Hint, it was not burger boy....

nikecar

Reaction score
to me suing over form factor is no different that one car manufacturer suing another because their models look similar (which many of them do across the board). Yet they don't do this.

It's ridiculous.
yes, that is why the hybrid cars (Prius, Insight, Volt) all are sorta similar, as they've got the design for the lowest drag.