Apple Self-Driving Car

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I think I may have found a new reason to bring the rescue squad back.

Think fast n furious meet the rooting community.

We open up car shops to help people supe up their Google mobile. We will have the pipes, headers, and all as well as helping them root and use apps to overclock it.

What y'all think?

@Jonny Kansas @jstafford1 y'all in?

What liability?
Only after you overnight parts from Japan.

a404d557ff2d68ad5cb519fafd202730.jpg

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

We open up car shops to help people supe up their Google mobile. We will have the pipes, headers, and all as well as helping them root and use apps to overclock it.

What y'all think?

What liability?
I'm game...

sent from #8

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

What y'all think?

What liability?
Sign me up.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Death is immaterial now, sounds like

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Death is immaterial now, sounds like

Not that I am surprised a business would try and cover something like that up. I am surprised that it is now getting pub. Really if you think about it this is the best time for this to come out for Tesla because it is going straight the the back page considering all the other headlines. Goes to show you if you think it's too good to be true it probably is. Look we as techies know that there will be bugs and hiccups along the way as well as issues, some as a result of user error (lack of understanding) others from the software not knowing what to do as its programing has no input for such a scenario.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The self driving thinking only works if every vehicle is on the same grid, not very few on the road.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I prefer the driving experience. If I wanted a self driving car I'll use a limo or car service.

S5 tap'n
I like some of the safety features such as auto slowdown when it senses the car in front of you slam on brakes. I also like the feature of being able to cruise and the car slows down, speed up, or stop based on the actions of the cars around it. Think my favorite feature is the car will auto stop when it senses something behind it when you are backing up. I personally know of a situation where someone would have paid anything for that after and accident involving a death of a young child.

So yeah there are features from self driving/autopilot cars that can help in everyday situations. But at the end of the day that can not take the place of driving and paying attention. Sadly our society will view such features meant to help as an excuse to pay attention to the road less and their phones more. And when said feature fails to work (whether because of user error or component/system fail) it's the manufacturer's fault and not the person failing to pay attention.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I like some of the safety features such as auto slowdown when it senses the car in front of you slam on breaks. I also like the feature of being able to cruise and the car slows down, speed up, or stop based on the actions of the cars around it. Think my favorite feature is the car will auto stop when it senses something behind it when you are backing up. I personally know of a situation where someone would have paid anything for that after and accident involving a death of a young child.

So yeah there are features from self driving/autopilot cars that can help in everyday situations. But at the end of the day that can not take the place of driving and paying attention. Sadly our society will view such features meant to help as an excuse to pay attention to the road less and their phones more. And when said feature fails to work (whether because of user error or component/system fail) it's the manufacturer's fault and not the person failing to pay attention.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Good notes PC, I see and agree with them and though it would be appropriate to have a vehicle with all the ability, but that some of those features wouldn't be functional if no other vehicles with the same functionality were not present in the driving proximity, so they both could work together...

The backup and stop function could be a easy add to almost any vehicle now. That's probably the best as you noted