Apple Says "Your cash is no good here!"

Darkseider

Reaction score
Cash Not Accepted

Seriously. Apple should just burn. I have never hoped for a company to go under due to the impact it would have on its' employees and their families. In this case though I will make an exception.

Chupp75

Reaction score
apple is to "modern" for "old school" methods of payment. what a joke.

OP
Darkseider

Darkseider

Reaction score
Point is regardless of what Apple's policies are, denying U.S. currency in a store in the United States by a company that was founded and is headquartered in the United States is an abomination. Plain and simple.

gszeman

Reaction score
Point is regardless of what Apple's policies are, denying U.S. currency in a store in the United States by a company that was founded and is headquartered in the United States is an abomination. Plain and simple.

My thoughts exactly...

cwzwack

Reaction score
Perhaps they are worried that stores may end up with significant amounts of cash on hand and could make them easy targets for robberies or employee theft.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Though I agree it's a retarded policy (and potentially illegal, despite what the author said he found (no citations given?)) in the case of the woman in the article they did her a favor... if she shops around for a deal she can get a FULL laptop (i.e. far more power and features) for the same price... but then Apple users generally aren't the brightest in the bunch when it comes to spending on computers....

gszeman

Reaction score
Perhaps they are worried that stores may end up with significant amounts of cash on hand and could make them easy targets for robberies or employee theft.

I think the reason is because they want to try to look cool using the swipe card reader glued to their iTouch...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

That's a BS excuse....

Just like places that won't take a 50 or 100 dollar bills.... I go elsewhere to do my business.

OP
Darkseider

Darkseider

Reaction score
Though I agree it's a retarded policy (and potentially illegal, despite what the author said he found (no citations given?)) in the case of the woman in the article they did her a favor... if she shops around for a deal she can get a FULL laptop (i.e. far more power and features) for the same price... but then Apple users generally aren't the brightest in the bunch when it comes to spending on computers....

Yes we all know that a laptop would be better but what if she doesn't need a laptop and something as basic as an iPad would suit her needs? Regardless of the I.Q. of the average Apple consumer, or lack thereof, it is still no excuse for a U.S. based company with retail storefronts to deny a customer a product based on the method of payment. In this particular case the almighty dollar which last I checked is still the currency we use in the United States.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
She was 'a computer-less woman' so she either has very little idea of what she really needs or doesn't need anything to begin with (she's done this long without one right?)... at any rate anyone that has to pinch and save that hard doesn't need an iPad to begin with... for 1/2 the price she can get a cheap POS from walmart and use the remaining money to (here's something American's have forgot about) PUT IT INTO SAVINGS..... k, off the :soapbox:

but yes it's a ridiculous policy and I hope someone challenges them legal on it. Every bill in the US specifically says it's legal tender for ALL DEBITs so as long as they are on American soil I don't see how they can legally refuse.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
lol I remember buying stamps at the post office in the machine and getting $18 in susan b anthony dollars change...

To bad apple doesnt seem to remember their own roots, starting off in a garage, friends garage at that...

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
isn't it illegal to refuse cash?

Not large bills, at least. Restaurants in Ft. Lauderdale sometimes wouldn't even accept a $20.

Not that it matters to me, I use cash once in a blue moon and never carry it. I put everything through credit cards because it's just easier for me.