Apple Reinvents The Android Wheel Again During the Iphone 6s Event!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Forcetouch...sounds like a bad touch to me..I need an adult...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
If I had a nickle for every time I long pressed on my wife's iPhone to get it to do something..,.. :D
Between that and muscle memory causing me to hit that stupid home button thinking it'll just take me back one screen, I'd be a rich man.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Right? People some times say the iPhone is so easy to figure out. "It just works" (that I really hate...it just works... so does my Turbo)

I don't think having to hit EDIT first to delete some emails is very intuitive at all.

Aw, now you guys are bring out the Anti-Apple PereDroid... going to start dropping all my issues with it. :D

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
iOS is far from intuitive. Step back a few years before they started ripping everything from Android and I would agree with you.

Open their settings app one time and you will find it just as convoluted as Android.

They are now adding gestures. Imagine the confusion that will bring.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Word for word text from my brother in law this morning: (only the names have been changed to protect the clueless) lol

HIM:
You might want to check this out!
iPhone 6s - Apple

ME: That's ashame.... we'll pray for you.

HIM:
Oh man, that's hateful. I'm just trying to help you see the light. You didn't even take the time to watch the link, it's over three minutes long. Open your soul!

ME: I've seen it....more things Apple is adding that Android has had for years. Its all good though....we won't hold it against you.

HIM:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The sad part of this 6s release is that it's going to be the new benchmark. Sure Android manufacturers have had the technologies for a year or longer, but because their logo isn't a fruit, it was never considered the benchmark.

To me, Apple is good for one thing; setting the benchmark. This pushes other Android manufacturers to build better devices with better features.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I'm still not sure I even understand Apple's "3D Touch"... from the videos I saw, it just looked like a standard long-press on things?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea, pretty much.

I think the end game here is to eventually... iPhone 7 or 8...to do away with the home button and have a buttonless phone.
You heard it here first.

Tap'n Turbo

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2

That one shows it real Well and I like her analogy of it being like a right click on a mouse.

Looks pretty cool and like I said earlier about Flip To Cam: its s gimmick that will become must have to people who get one.

Tap'n Turbo

SuperFelix

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S4
I'm eager to have one! But I have iPad and iPhone 6 now . What's more,I don't have enough money:(

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I'm eager to have one! But I have iPad and iPhone 6 now . What's more,I don't have enough money:(

Sell your 6 and buy the 6S. While you're at it take a look at a few Android phones so you can get a feel of what the iPhone 7 or iPhone 8 will be getting in the future.