Apple rant by an Apple fan, thoughts?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
But they take Android and make it better...that's what an Isheep friend told me..I wanted to smash his iPhone into the ground but i was to busy laughing...he tripped and dropped his new 6+ and did it for me....karma..

Last edited:

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I couldn't like and agree on the same post, but it would have been nice. How honest can an Apple fan be?

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
But they take Android and make it better...that's what an Isheep friend told me..I wanted to smash his iPhone into the ground but i was to busy laughing...he tripped and dropped his new 6+ and did it for me....karma..
I'm an Android fan, and agree with your friend, but this argument is also old, true but old.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
All valid points but it really doesn't matter. As long as its stamped with an Apple people will snatch the products up like ravenous wolves.

He complains and complains and complains but look what he did.....bought the products any way :)

Reactions: cr6

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm an Android fan, and agree with your friend, but this argument is also old, true but old.
That's a fully two-way street. If not with Android itself, with Android oems vs. Apple at least. My Droid X had panorama assist long before the iPhone ever got it. But when Apple announced it and made commercials for that version of the iPhone to be the first to come with it, they made commercials specifically touting the panorama feature of the camera.

How about notifications? Suddenly, years after Android debuted with a notification shade, Apple comes up with a similar, but imo less useful "notification center" years later.

While I'm not trying to argue that the Android team and Android manufacturers have or haven't taken cues from Apple, an Apple fanboy's interpretation of the situation is that Android has done nothing but copy Apple and Apple's never done the same.

That's just not true.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's a fully two-way street. If not with Android itself, with Android oems vs. Apple at least. My Droid X had panorama assist long before the iPhone ever got it. But when Apple announced it and made commercials for that version of the iPhone to be the first to come with it, they made commercials specifically touting the panorama feature of the camera.

How about notifications? Suddenly, years after Android debuted with a notification shade, Apple comes up with a similar, but imo less useful "notification center" years later.

While I'm not trying to argue that the Android team and Android manufacturers have or haven't taken cues from Apple, an Apple fanboy's interpretation of the situation is that Android has done nothing but copy Apple and Apple's never done the same.

That's just not true.

Good point, and partially why I felt the lawsuits with Apple back in the day was ridiculous. Manufacturers take cues from each other all the time and in some instances the company that came up with it first may not be the company to get as much credit. Lets take the two most popular features of a smart phone right now. The phablet was first released by dell but it did not appeal to people. Now here we are and even low end manufacturers are making phablets. The other is the fingerprint scanner which was first introduced to android by Motorola back in their blur days.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I say they lack innovation now..and grab what they can and "try" to improve it..lots of times their version lacks functionality ..his words. So I asked..if it lacks functionality.. How does it improve anything..? Also. They're doing it to features we've had for years..Google wallet..now that there's apple pay..everyone is jumping..but we got Android pay which is more secure and easier to use..

The reason apple leads the way is like ck said..hate as most of em may..they STILL buy their junk..its like me with Motorola... The t2 isn't even really a step up from the t1..my turbo is one of the few that's bought on opening day and has ran phenomenally with the exception of some Google play store issues..that were in their end..so.I'm hating on moto.. But I bet i wind up with a t2 before Christmas.. If not shortly after...lol

Last edited:

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Apple has done a great job marketing their products. Here in Asia, owning an iPhone has become a status symbol. Especially with the high school and college group.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Apple has done a great job marketing their products. Here in Asia, owning an iPhone has become a status symbol. Especially with the high school and college group.
So true, We have a Chinese exchange student, everything she has is Apple, computer, 2 tablets, 2 phones, one Chinese, one US(ATT).

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I think owning an Apple product even in the US is still considered a status symbol. It comes with less "prestige", so to speak, but it's definitely still a status symbol.

Just as an example, I know Mercedes recently introduced Apple CarPlay to their C-class lineup. No sign of Android Auto coming any time soon.