Apple Pushes Harder; Seeks to Add Galaxy Note 10.1 & Jelly Bean to Infringment Claim

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Nov 6, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Apple is not backing down from their legal onslaught against Samsung. In fact, a new report from Reuters today reveals that Apple is actually pushing harder. They are seeking to add the Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet and Android 4.1/Jelly Bean itself to their list of infringing patents lawsuit against Samsung. Today, in a San Jose Federal court, Apple made their argument to U.S. Magistrate Judge Paul S. Grewal.

This move by Apple is likely a knee-jerk reaction to Samsung filing patent infringement claims against the iPhone 5 at the beginning of October. No ruling has been made on either motion yet, but here are some details outlining where and when things are headed for the final showdown:

Just. Wow. 2014! This whole thing is going to go the long-haul. I guess we better hunker down for a long and protracted proxy war in the courts. The tech world's global "thermonuclear" war has only just begun apparently... :(

Source: Bloomberg
  2. liftedplane

liftedplane Well-Known Member

I'm completely disgusted and I might even stop buying apple products to turn for profit. I'm tired of apple and their BS... just die already.
  3. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

Oh wow...2014. Completely useless.
  4. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

most of the "banned devices" would be extremely outdated in 2014, meaning apple would spend many more dollars adding future devices into their claim.
  5. Kboss375

Kboss375 New Member

What in the world? 2014? We will be on Android 6.1 and they will still be on ios 1.6
  6. WildcatRudy

WildcatRudy New Member

apple = sore loser

I'm as sick of this as everyone else is. And suing Samsung over...Android? Let me go sue GM because of a Ford pickup truck... :blink:

Wish someone would put those sore losers in their place, in the courts, basically saying "no more" to the patent claims.
  7. xeene

xeene Well-Known Member

it's ok, apple might not exist in 2014.
  8. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or is Apple trying very slyly to go after Google? JB is Google's thing, not Samsung's....

In all honestly....when Honeycomb was released...I'm surprised Apple didn't go after it. Anyone ever look at the settings areas for iOS and Honeycomb, ICS? That on/off slider.....
  9. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  10. stillwaiting

stillwaiting New Member

so because the gnote 10.1 has a stylus, that makes it cooler than the ipad... I think apple is jealous.
  11. jspradling7

jspradling7 Active Member

Just because we don't understand this, doesn't mean there isn't a strategy behind it. Apple seems to spend a great deal of time contemplating future trends and trying to out wit the competition through vague patents and the like. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple is just trying to get a judgment in their favor so it can be used as a stepping stone for future use.

And... The Apple lawyers probably don't care if it works or not. As long as Apple keeps paying them to dream up stuff like this the lawyers will keep telling Apple it's smart to do so. Could it be smart lawyers creating job security by playing to Apples hatred for all things android? "Oh, you really need us to sue them on this, we can crush them! Kill Kill Kill!"
Search tags for this page

images background galaxy note 10.1

note 10.1wallpaper