Apple may unveil a product so surprising that it will leave the industry scrambling.

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by cisco0910, Jan 4, 2010.

1. cisco0910

cisco0910 New Member

2. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

3. iPirate

iPirate New Member

Smart phone fits in my pocket and laptop fits in my bag. Why do I need something that wont fit in my pocket and will break in my bag? Some laptops have had the ability to become tablets for several years now and I haven't seen them catch on.
  4. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

tablets are going to be huge for upcoming years... many business and hospital settings will use these...

but why buy Apple's over... Asus/Acer/Lenovo/Toshiba, etc?
  5. sc4fpse

sc4fpse New Member

Because spending hundreds (or thousands) of extra dollars on an overpriced novelty item produced by Apple is the only way that people can stay "hip."

Duh.
  6. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

We use them in the field to switch between laptop and tablet mode.....useful but can't see it used en mass.....
  7. JayMonster

JayMonster New Member

This "tablet" (as rumors go) is closer to an oversized, color Kindle than an actual functional PC tablet (like the ToughBook, Fujitsu Stylistic and others).

The MS Courier is every bit as fascinating (Microsoft Courier Heats up Tablet Sector - PC World) but of course dosn't have Apple's fanboys to declare it the "next coming" device.
  8. nolanandy

nolanandy New Member

I hope release this tablet and doing well, so other will follow and make a better and cheaper one for us...same to the iphone and the other game consoles.
  9. nolanandy

nolanandy New Member

and create more jobs in the US. One thing that I do like about Apple, that they kept all of your their development and support jobs in the US. They do not outsource them except for manufacturing jobs.
  10. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

one of 100 links to the Android version in the works: ICD Ultra 7-inch Tegra T20 Android tablet announced - SlashGear

the apple one is old news (years and years), but still looks really cool. the problem is going to be pricing. i can build two better PCs for the price of every ONE mac, they are just too overpriced. i'm not saying apple stuff is bad (we all know better), just that people are willing to pay too much for a status symbol.

edit: and the Android one looks freaking sweet. (read: not girly.)
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  11. iPirate

iPirate New Member

MS does this too.

These look cool, but I can't see them being useful for myself or making my life easier. I will never write a URL into a browser :icon_eek:
  12. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Well, not exactly in the U.S. I have a extended support on my iMac and when I dial the 800 number I speak with people in Canada.
  13. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

It reminds me of the iRack skit at
  14. M1dnite

M1dnite New Member

What does this have to do with Droid?

Like seriously.... Waht does apply have to do with a Droid? Is an apple making an Android?? If not, then post it elsewhere please.
    Not trying to be a jerk or anything, just off topic posts make on topic posts get hidden.
  15. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

Should be moved to off topic I agree.
  16. Zaric

Zaric New Member

Why????? Shoot why buy 3 acers for the price of one apple.
    I mean come one man........it's white and ummmmm ummmmmmm ummmmm it makes you look cooler. yea right that's it.
  17. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

i don't get it. the newer models of the aforementioned brands are so sexy-looking... i prefer them over Apples
  18. JayMonster

JayMonster New Member

Which is why, despite all the "hippness" of Apple they still command a whopping 10% market share (if you count the iPhone in as market share that is)

Apple market share tops 10%, Windows share lowest since tracking began
  19. GadgetRick

GadgetRick Member

Hmm, lot of hating going on here.

Say what you want about Apple but they build products that people want and that work. The part about them working is why everybody doesn't go and build their own pc and run Linux on it. Can be done but most of us don't care to spend the time/effort to make it work.

I'll happily keep working away on my iMac here at home. Nobody is saying you should switch if you're not using them. But don't pooh pooh them just because you don't use them. You'd be surprised at what they can do and how well they work.

Why is Apple getting the press over the other companies who've already sold tablets? Because people don't want to get caught offguard like many people did when they came out with the iPhone. Yes, it was successful from the start but not nearly as successful as it might have been had everyone not been saying things like some are saying in this thread.

If the tablet concept will work, I'd rather bet on Apple figuring it out than Acer...
  20. qoncept

qoncept New Member

You obviously don't. I'd like to lay on the couch and have this thing to use casually. The Droid is alright but the screen is too small to use comfortably for a lot of things. Netbook is ok but in many cases the keyboard is more of a nuissance than useful. There are plenty of people that would want to use this thing if it works well.

MP3 players existed well before the iPod, smart phones existed before the iPhone. Sure, people used them, but when Apple made theirs, everyone had one.

Apple doesn't innovate hardware. They build a high quality version and make it more appealing. And if you're a Mac user, they make everything work together better than anything does in Windows. If you're one of the people that doesn't understand why anyone wants a music syncing tool rather than just drag and drop to your SD card, you're not the kind of consumer they're after.