Apple May Have Resized Photos Again in Samsung Case

Reaction score
I'm not going to point fingers, but I hear Apple computers are supposed to be really good at graphic design. :)

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've always been against Apple products, since I built pc's for years, but I bought an itouch to use as my mp3 player because it's a very nice device.

This is just nonsense though, to continually alter images, it's highly illegal and I imagine they will get severely penalized for this, even if they had no clue it was being done.

You honestly can't defend Apple right now, they are making all the wrong decisions. They're afraid of losing their market(which they are losing) and so instead of creating something new and great, like we know they can, they go and sue every company under the sun to try to regain control of their market.

I hope they get destroyed in court and it takes the company down a few notches. Maybe they'll remember that they actually can manufacture new products.

The best thing yet was the Samsung digital picture frame, that was released 5 years before the Ipad and guess what, it looks exactly like the Ipad.

Apple decided to turn into a bully and karma always catches up with a bully.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll admit, most apple devices are very good, however their corporate policy just plain sucks-
"Oh look we have some good competition...should we try to make our product better to keep up? Nah, we'll just sue the heck out of them until they give up"

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

aayoo

Reaction score
I don't know how you can look at that photo and NOT think samsung was obviously mimicking the iPhone. You can say there's only so many ways you can design a phone, but you don't see HTC or Moto designing their phones this close to the competitions. Touchwiz puts the icing on cake, its looks like they took some of the icons straight from iOS, slapped it on their device and called it something else.

soops

Reaction score
Gotta love the one sided views from this place. ( OK not everyone )
Why do so many think one has to fail and one to win?

I forgot , THis is Droidforums where Apple is always in the wrong...

Its really sad that our patent system is the way it is, but until its changed this will continue.
Im sure Apple has more important things to do than continue fighting the clone Wars

50% of the people I know have iPhones , and you know thats the 50% that doesnt complain about
there phone rebooting on its on, they also dont complain about the MP3 player app not working all the time Etc..

If you want to sell your Apple product's go for it, They hold there value Extremely well.
Me? I will continue to buy Apple.

Who do you know that have problems with their mp3 player not working ALL the times?

I sit next to a coworker with iPhone 4 who does complaints every now & then about his phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^I had a co worker iPhone 4 freeze up while he was showing us a video clip of his kids in a school play.

Thats my point about the claims that it "just works"..

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Some good point has come out in all this tho:

They are not the exact same size.

The GS phone has the app drawer open. Home screen vs. Home screen is different.

I mentioned the settings areas for iOS and GS phones....and Android overall is totally different.

The volume buttons on the iPhone vs. volume rocker on GS phones: different.

One lil button on the iPhone vs. one big button and in some cases one big button and buttons on either side for GS phones.

Ppl saying it acts like iOS...what the app drawer scrolling? Thats one aspect of the UI. The way Apple is portraying it is one could use the GS phones for at least a day and get confused about it being iOS.

There are enough differences vs. similarities that it shouldnt be that big of a problem.

Form factor for the iPad?

Samsung digital picture frame stores pics, movies, music -- Engadget
Samsung's Digital Photo Frame -- Engadget

Form factor of the GS? Evolution of the F700. Just like that Samsung Photo Frame.

Really....what is Apple so pissed about? Icons? Background of icons?

ChezJfrey

Reaction score
The problem is no one is suggesting it was an accident haha...it was quite obviously blatantly done to make the two look alike. that part is true. the part that's not true is the silly notion that apple corporate played a part in it, or was aware that it happened and continued to present the evidence (if it even was presented as OTR stated). That didn't happen. You don't become the most valuable company in the world by doing something that blatantly stupid.

apple is to blame if the evidence was presented, and it doesn't matter if it has steve jobs signature on it, or tom jones the freelance graphic artist that they hired for $1/hr. the point is, it's not some conspiracy to trick the courts by apple. how people can believe it even might​ be is beyond me...

LOL, really?

Kinda like you don't become one of the Big 6 accounting firms, with a major business consulting branch by faking audits and illegally shredding documentation like Arthur Anderson?

And related to their demise, was Fortune Magazine's "America's Most Innovative Company" for six consecutive years, Enron, one of the world's leading electricity, natural gas, communications, and pulp and paper companies, with revenues of nearly $101 billion...where the founder and many executives were indicted for a variety of criminal charges due to devising accounting loopholes, hiding billions, and they were later sentenced to prison.

A sterling company like Xerox would never falsify financial results for five years, boosting income by $1.5 billion.

WorldCom, 2nd largest U.S. communications company would not overstate cash flow by booking $3.8 billion in operating expenses as capital expenses and give founder Bernard Ebbers $400 million in off-the-books loans....and another Arthur Anderson snafu as well.

Time Warner, one of the largest media companies, would not end up agreeing to pay $510 million to settle criminal and civil charges stemming from an accounting scandal at its America Online division.

Dick Cheney, U.S. vice president and former chief executive of Halliburton would not have the Nigerian government file corruption charges against him where he would settle for $250 million after a former subsidiary of Halliburton, admitted to bribing Nigerian officials.

Rather, I think when you become that wealthy, you probably get to the point where it's not necessarily stupidity, it's more likely an arrogance that you can do whatever you want and you'll very likely get away with it.

At this point, I don't put anything past anybody...remember Tiger's posterboy of wholesomeness image?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
LOL, really?

Kinda like you don't become one of the Big 6 accounting firms, with a major business consulting branch by faking audits and illegally shredding documentation like Arthur Anderson?

And related to their demise, was Fortune Magazine's "America's Most Innovative Company" for six consecutive years, Enron, one of the world's leading electricity, natural gas, communications, and pulp and paper companies, with revenues of nearly $101 billion...where the founder and many executives were indicted for a variety of criminal charges due to devising accounting loopholes, hiding billions, and they were later sentenced to prison.

A sterling company like Xerox would never falsify financial results for five years, boosting income by $1.5 billion.

WorldCom, 2nd largest U.S. communications company would not overstate cash flow by booking $3.8 billion in operating expenses as capital expenses and give founder Bernard Ebbers $400 million in off-the-books loans....and another Arthur Anderson snafu as well.

Time Warner, one of the largest media companies, would not end up agreeing to pay $510 million to settle criminal and civil charges stemming from an accounting scandal at its America Online division.

Dick Cheney, U.S. vice president and former chief executive of Halliburton would not have the Nigerian government file corruption charges against him where he would settle for $250 million after a former subsidiary of Halliburton, admitted to bribing Nigerian officials.

Rather, I think when you become that wealthy, you probably get to the point where it's not necessarily stupidity, it's more likely an arrogance that you can do whatever you want and you'll very likely get away with it.

At this point, I don't put anything past anybody...remember Tiger's posterboy of wholesomeness image?

This

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
LOL, really?

I think you're too caught up in corporate conspiracy theories to see what's going on in this case. First off, let me preface by saying I didn't say that all companies are on the up a and up and honest. that would be as silly as me saying the iphone is flawless.

The difference between the companies you're listing and apple should be obvious (again, to those who aren't on some weird mission to fault apple for world hunger).

These companies were obviously corrupt, committing egregious crimes in the hopes that they would not be caught. In a word: stupid. In apples case, they're bringing a case to the courts against someone else, and you're suggesting that they would knowingly allow this evidence to be presented hoping that no one would find out?

Further, in the case documents apple acknowledges the size differences between the two devices. So you're further suggesting that they knowingly gave the correct info and then thought "maybe the judge won't read the docs and we can fool him!"and provided conflicting info elsewhere in a deliberate attempt to fool the court?

Third, the actual devices would clearly have to be shown in court during the proceedings. So now your suggestion is they provided the correct info in one doc, purposely tried to fool the court in another, and hoped they got the one blind judge in the german court who wouldn't be able to discern the physical differences between the two devices when (not if) the actual devices were shown in court?

Like I said hating on apple and corporate conspiracies are definitely the sexier story. But the fact is what you're suggesting remains nothing more then a silly notion.

aayoo

Reaction score
Once again samsung is reaching andcusing these allegations as slander at best. You can't actually believe these companies didn't go to court with the physical devices in-hand for comparison. Bless the day when all I need are a few pictures of my product to win a court ruling. To make matters worse it's a 3GS and GS1 in the photos, meaning this is from a previous case.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Czer you're a bigger fool than anyone to sit here and whine about what other people have >not< failed to notice.

Of course the phones will be physically compared in court. anyone who doesnt understand this clearly has no idea about, well, anything.

1) Android forum.
2) Apple lawsuit against android product.
3) This is the internet
4) This is the internet. All things posted may be a story built out of fiction. For The lulz.

so cool it.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Once again samsung is reaching andcusing these allegations as slander at best. You can't actually believe these companies didn't go to court with the physical devices in-hand for comparison. Bless the day when all I need are a few pictures of my product to win a court ruling. To make matters worse it's a 3GS and GS1 in the photos, meaning this is from a previous case.

Exactly. How was apple planning to win this with doctored evidence when the devices would have to be shown? The logical explanation is they weren't aware (that doesn't absolve them, but it does discredit the silly conspiracies).

I'm waiting for the pictures of the actual galaxy that was sawed off with a chainsaw that apple was planning on showing in court.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Czer you're a bigger fool than anyone to sit here and whine about what other people have >not< failed to notice.

Of course the phones will be physically compared in court. anyone who doesnt understand this clearly has no idea about, well, anything.

1) Android forum.
2) Apple lawsuit against android product.
3) This is the internet
4) This is the internet. All things posted may be a story built out of fiction. For The lulz.

so cool it.

Ha well you coulda just said you guys were sitting around patting each other on the backs "for the lulz" even though you know you're wrong. Coulda saved me time.