Apple May Cause Touch Panel Shortages for Android Tablets and Others This Year

rctp10

Reaction score
wow I have read some extremely disrespectful posts in this thread. I just don't why anyone feels they have the right to call out people for "having bad credit" or being financially strapped. You guys should think about the crap your saying before you post it. You sound extremely ignorant.

No ignorance is when you try to point out someone you think is being ignorant, nuthing we have said was in any way disrespectful. This is a free country and we all have the right to speak our minds. Im sorry i work my ass off so people can live on welfare........AT LEAST HERE IN MICHIGAN THERE WILL NOW BE A 24 MONTH CAP ON IT.....BOUT TIME. The main statement i was making in all this BS is the fact that apple wants to spend 7.8 billion just so they can make it harder for others to compete.......Does no one understand how this sounds IGNORANT OR STUPID that a company will spend this kind of money just to make it harder for others. why caint apple just give the familys of the USA some of that money instead of using it to bully there way to the top......A company that is willing to spend this kind of cash on market share and not development will never have me owning one of there products. A TURD IS STILL A TURD NO MATTER WHAT WAY IT LAYS IN THE TOILET.........:icon_evil:

knighthonor

Reaction score
Probably the reason why the Xoom is so expensive. Good strategy for Apple, bad for anyone that wants an Android tab

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

The Xoom isn't even that expensive when you compare it to the 32 GB 3G + Wifi iPad.

And the wif-fi only Xoom is same price...

But anyway... this is bad news for all the new Android tablets everyone is making to try to compete (though the only one I will be checking out is the Xoom).
Why do I get the strange reminder of the old "Early PS3 launch price vs 360 launch price" dispute, over the cost vs the built in features.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
People need to stop seeing a boogeyman behind everything Apple does or remotely connected to Apple.

They went out to secure their supply chain to ensure they can meet demand. Probably also used their buying power to get a great price. Companies do it all the time. I don't understand why this is an issue.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
People need to stop seeing a boogeyman behind everything Apple does or remotely connected to Apple.

They went out to secure their supply chain to ensure they can meet demand. Probably also used their buying power to get a great price. Companies do it all the time. I don't understand why this is an issue.

If they went out to tie up enough to meet the higher end or their marketing research then there is nothing wrong with it. However, if they bought up 4X the top end number that they thought they would need, then it is using their cash and buying power to run competitors out of business and that is an unfair business practice.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
If they went out to tie up enough to meet the higher end or their marketing research then there is nothing wrong with it. However, if they bought up 4X the top end number that they thought they would need, then it is using their cash and buying power to run competitors out of business and that is an unfair business practice.

I don't disagree, I just don't see Apple burning BILLIONS just to keep components out of their competitors hands. Granted, it looks like they've ordered enough panels for 65 million IPads, which seems aggressive even for 2 years of inventory (they sold @10M in 2010). But analysts (whom sometimes are overly optimistic) are predicting anywhere from 28-35M IPad sales this year.

Question is if the DOJ will view such stockpiling as anti-competitive. In the past, a 60% share wouldn't be quite enough for the DOJ to cry "anti-trust", but they appear to be on record as evolving their view due to the lateral and vertical integration we're seeing in the tech space.

moosez3

Reaction score
I hate apple, but all I see is genius marketing. The fact that they made a market for giant cell phones that can't make phone calls is really impressive in and of itself.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

So true remember when the iPad first came out how badly everyone ragged on them for buying a Big iPod touch...
now look android is following them! :eek:

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
wow I have read some extremely disrespectful posts in this thread. I just don't why anyone feels they have the right to call out people for "having bad credit" or being financially strapped. You guys should think about the crap your saying before you post it. You sound extremely ignorant.

No ignorance is when you try to point out someone you think is being ignorant, nuthing we have said was in any way disrespectful. This is a free country and we all have the right to speak our minds. Im sorry i work my ass off so people can live on welfare........AT LEAST HERE IN MICHIGAN THERE WILL NOW BE A 24 MONTH CAP ON IT.....BOUT TIME. The main statement i was making in all this BS is the fact that apple wants to spend 7.8 billion just so they can make it harder for others to compete.......Does no one understand how this sounds IGNORANT OR STUPID that a company will spend this kind of money just to make it harder for others. why caint apple just give the familys of the USA some of that money instead of using it to bully there way to the top......A company that is willing to spend this kind of cash on market share and not development will never have me owning one of there products. A TURD IS STILL A TURD NO MATTER WHAT WAY IT LAYS IN THE TOILET.........:icon_evil:

no your deleted post was one of the more disrespectful posts I have read in this forum. There is no debate, calling people out who you don't know because they have financial troubles is ignorance in it's purest form. You have no idea why they got to that place and you have no right to guess as to why. This has nothing to do with your opinion on what Apple is doing. You went out of your way to put a demographic of people down without knowing anything.

moosez3

Reaction score

Have you ever tried anger management? seriously your life and that of those around you will benefit.

Maybe then you will be more objective, observant and calm; then realize business is business, not life.

rctp10

Reaction score
Have you ever tried anger management? seriously your life and that of those around you will benefit.

Maybe then you will be more objective, observant and calm; then realize business is business, not life.[/QUOTE]

Ok now im just going to stop, I did not mean to start a hate mob on myself lmao...... I find it very funny that you think you know me but i will just leave it at that....IT IS WHAT IT IS......:icon_ banana:

moosez3

Reaction score

Maybe then you will be more objective, observant and calm; then realize business is business, not life.

Ok now im just going to stop, I did not mean to start a hate mob on myself lmao...... I find it very funny that you think you know me but i will just leave it at that....IT IS WHAT IT IS......:icon_ banana:[/QUOTE]

There you go use more of these :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

No I dont know you never said I did, but I know emotions. All them Psycology classes arent ALL for nothing lol. Anyone who seriously means the words, "You dont know me!" qualifies for a free trial of Anger Management! :) No offense to you personally.

dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

rctp10

Reaction score
no your deleted post was one of the more disrespectful posts I have read in this forum. There is no debate, calling people out who you don't know because they have financial troubles is ignorance in it's purest form. You have no idea why they got to that place and you have no right to guess as to why. This has nothing to do with your opinion on what Apple is doing. You went out of your way to put a demographic of people down without knowing anything.[/QUOTE]

hahahaha my deleted post just said that i felt bad for people that tried getting verizon because there security deposit was outrages and in most cases couldn't barley afford the service as is (meaning how is that right).....then i went on to saying that this is why we had a lot of people asking for boost (no contracts)....i am sorry that you misinterpreted what i was saying and took it offensive but nothing was meant from that comment......I was one that paid the 400 dollar security deposit just so i could get the service so if i was calling people out i was calling on myself i guess.

rctp10

Reaction score
There you go use more of these :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

No I dont know you never said I did, but I know emotions. All them Psycology classes arent ALL for nothing lol. Anyone who seriously means the words, "You dont know me!" qualifies for a free trial of Anger Management! :) No offense to you personally.

dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid[/QUOTE]

I find that rather funny, I aswell had plenty of psyc and soc classes and trust me you i know i sometimes get fired up. And im sorry for all this rant lol
here i will use some more of these :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

better already. haha

alowe17

Reaction score
Yea I know what you mean. Me and my husband both have incredible and our monthly bill is $194. The only reason we stay with Verizon is because I absolutely love Verizon! If it were up to him we would go else where lol

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yea I know what you mean. Me and my husband both have incredible and our monthly bill is $194. The only reason we stay with Verizon is because I absolutely love Verizon! If it were up to him we would go else where lol

Yeah, for years I saved money ditching the land line. At one point, between dial-up and DSL I wasn't even paying for internet. Now I have $50 home broadband and another $30 for smartphone data. Seems kind of indulgent.