1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Apple Loses Appeal in UK Court; Must Now Publicly Admit Samsung Didn't Copy Them

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Oct 18, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Remember that Apple vs. Samsung battle? Of course, how could you forget? It's only been one of the hottest topics in the mobile tech world for the past year and a half (or more). Still, we have had a brief lull for a while as everything starts working through the appeals process.

Speaking of the appeals process, something new just broke recently, at least in the UK. Earlier in the year, Apple lost their court fight against Samsung in merry old England. The judge in the case indicated that the Samsung products were unlikely to confuse consumers because their stuff was not "as cool" as Apple's products.

Afterwards, the UK Judge even ordered Apple to publicly apologize to Samsung and admit that Samsung did not intentionally copy Apple's designs. Of course, Apple appealed this verdict, and that is where the news comes in today. That appeal was thrown down, and Apple has once again been ordered to share with the world that Samsung didn't copy their products. Here's a quote with some additional detail,

It's intriguing to see that the decision is "valid throughout all of Europe" even though the ads only need to be in the UK newspapers and websites. I wonder if this result will have any bearing on the U.S. appeal? Probably not, but we can cross our fingers.

Source: Reuters
  2. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

I've seen Apple "apologize". They'll somehow sneak in there that Samsung copied them. It's like when Steve Jobs said "sorry" for the antenna problems the iPhone 4 had. It was like "Yeah, here's this problem but it's all your fault for holding it wrong".
  3. orangechoochoo

orangechoochoo New Member

Can't wait to see the apology commercial.
  4. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I can see it now. "clearly Samsung did not copy us. Their product is so inferior it would be an insult to say they copied us . If you mistakenly thought we were saying they copied us we apologize that you did."

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
  5. BJPalmer85

BJPalmer85 New Member

[​IMG]

Apple will need that when they eventually get what they deserve. They may need more than 1.

B
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  6. WildcatRudy

WildcatRudy New Member

Good point. They'll be snide and/or sarcastic about it I'm sure...
  7. Narsil

Narsil Active Member

[​IMG]

I want digital copies of all the apologies, snide or not. <warm fuzzies all over>
  8. NeoPhoenixTE

NeoPhoenixTE New Member

I wonder if this public apology can be taken in as testimony in the appeal case on the US side....?
  9. Narsil

Narsil Active Member

Our increasingly liberal courts seem eager in many other instances to consider legal precedent from foreign courts.
  10. GAstorino

GAstorino New Member

Didn't I see this on Southpark where Randy had to "APOLOGIZE" to Jess Jackson.