Apple just does not quit

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How's that gonna happen with Android when more people buy motorolas, HTC, and Samsung more than the nexus. Or when Google gives so many different things out for free.

If Apple is successful in the attempt to ban sales it will affect sales. Just 1 example would be the injunctions they had against the Galaxy Tab in Germany and Australia
Google can't give you something for free on a device you can't buy

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

Androidatic

Reaction score
How's that gonna happen with Android when more people buy motorolas, HTC, and Samsung more than the nexus. Or when Google gives so many different things out for free.

Monopolies are ALWAYS bad. If Google is the only game in town what's to stop them from charging for Android? You never know how a company will act when they become a monopoly.

I'll say it again. Monopolies are ALWAYS bad!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

hanfeitzu02

Reaction score
If someone is blatantly ripping off your products, you should be able to go to court to get it resolved (some of Samsung galaxy products with the rounded square icons and such)...

But damn I can't help but think how much progress we would have stalled if other industries had used these same lawsuit tactics back in the day

If Ford or whoever told the other automakers "sorry guys, we were the first ones to use steering wheels. Your cars will just have to do without."

Or kitchenaid telling other kitchen appliance makers "sorry dudes. Our toast already pops up when its done. Your toast is gonna have to pop out from the bottom or something."

Gimme a break.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

alboboy10

Reaction score
Apple is trying to become a monopoly.

Google offers far more services and they made 9 billion last quarter? Apple made quadruple...and wants more. Wants to completely get rid of android cause they're the only real competition now.

BigZig

Reaction score
I read this paragraph in the article and thought to myself, isn't this what Apple is doing to everyone else.

"In the latest lawsuit,however,Apple accused Motorola of pursuing an aggressive international campaign of litigation that "flies in the face" of its promise to license standards essential patents on fair and reasonable terms. "

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Androidatic

Reaction score
I read this paragraph in the article and thought to myself, isn't this what Apple is doing to everyone else.

"In the latest lawsuit,however,Apple accused Motorola of pursuing an aggressive international campaign of litigation that "flies in the face" of its promise to license standards essential patents on fair and reasonable terms. "

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Steve Jobs let his hatred for all things Android cloud his judgement when it comes to how Apple handled the whole patent thing. Now Apple is following through with his hatred.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
If Ford or whoever told the other automakers "sorry guys, we were the first ones to use steering wheels. Your cars will just have to do without."

That's not a bad example. But what Apple is actually doing now is looking at those first cars and thinking "hmmm....you're going to want to lock those doors" - and then patenting "push to lock". Forget having an actual design much less a working prototype, no they're going to patent an obvious idea and then troll it.

I wonder if there's a perverse view at Apple that sees these lawsuit almost as an extension of their marketing and branding. The hope is people will see all these lawsuits and think "well, Apple must be the best if everyone is stealing/copying their ideas....Apple must be the best if they thought of it first". Nevermind Android had voice controls and search long before Apple, the mere lawsuit attaches a stigma to the Android function as a cheap knock-off. Also a great ploy to knock down differentiation or something that is marginally better or a competitive advantage - it's not, in fact it's so similar Apple is suing them. That all sounds crazy, but you have to wonder.

Kimo91

Reaction score
I just read an article on fox news that apple overtook Samsung as top phone vendor. What fox should've added is a few astricks explaining how apple put up so many frivolous lawsuits against Samsung and how many countries couldn't sell samsung phones cause of said lawsuits. One day the glass kingdom Jobs built will crack and shatter into a million useless pieces that even humpty dumpty will refuse to put together again.

Sent from my rooted and Safe Strapped Motor DROID RAZR

Zandar

Reaction score
I just read an article on fox news that apple overtook Samsung as top phone vendor. What fox should've added is a few astricks explaining how apple put up so many frivolous lawsuits against Samsung and how many countries couldn't sell samsung phones cause of said lawsuits. One day the glass kingdom Jobs built will crack and shatter into a million useless pieces that even humpty dumpty will refuse to put together again.

Kind of like the back of an iPhone.

ddfuji

Reaction score

thats fox news for you

ddfuji

Reaction score
Lol windows making a come back...made me laugh a little.

windows 8 is pretty impressive, i was screwing around on one of the developer editions of it and it was a nice interface. and i was using it on a laptop, i would love it even more on a tab or phone.

ddfuji

Reaction score