Apple Issues Official Statement About iPhone 4's Signal Issues

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by jntdroid, Jul 2, 2010.

1. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +49
    I have a 2005 Prius, bought new in April 2005. Remember all that about the accelerator pedal getting stuck and causing problems? Remember that guy who was doing 90 on the freeway because of that and when it was done Toyota looked at the black box and couldn't duplicate it? Of all the Priuses on the road, how many were affected? I certainly didn't have any problems and I had to deal with people asking me why I drove a deathtrap.

And Toyota had a recall. I took mine in and they loaned me a car for free until they had installed a new gas pedal.

I just feel that the attitude of Apple was wrong. What if Toyota responded with, "The Prius is the finest car on the road today. You must be driving it wrong if you have a problem with the gas pedal sticking."

#13 aaf709, Jul 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  2. Rindaen

Rindaen Member

Ratings:
    +1
    As someone that uses a 3G iPhone and Macbook Pro I am glad that Apple has come forward and advised a fix is coming. Apple earned the best customer support for a reaon. Granted I think they should have said something earlier concerning the iPhone 4 reception issues.

Apple makes great products there is no denying that.
    They have an idea of how things should work and they go with that. I like that all iPhones work the same way. Does it get old ? Yes
    After just a few days on this site I see that some people change the config of there Android very often just to have something different.

Neither Google/Verizon or Apple/AT&T are saints.
    They are out to make money, and keep people happy so they can take more of your money.

AT&T provides Excellent service in the South East. I may move to Verizon/Droid for 1 Year just to try there service.
    The Droid X is extremlly tempting :)

Be happy that Apple is making the iPhone and pushing competition to make better products. Even if you dont like it you have a Choice. Apple and eventually the Android OS has made smart phones for the average consumer and excellent tool for communication on all fronts.

That may have sounded like Im a huge fan of Apple. While I do rank Apple above the Evil Microsoft, I do have Multiple PC's at home and only 1 Mac.

Frostman
    If your gonna bash on the iPhone 4 , atleast get it right.
    Its the Right handed people that were complaining.
    Right handed people tend to hold the phone with the left hand and use the right hand to navigate the Phone.
    So Mostly Left handed people saw no problems :)

3. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    And here we have our first gullible Apple sheeple. >Facepalm<

It isn't a FIX. What Apple is doing is no different than if they just put a static picture of 5 bars in the corner all the time. Christ almighty. What part of this whole thread haven't you understood. It is a hardware flaw, period, end of discussion. Tested independently by tech sites as well as PhD's. Software will NOT fix this problem. All they are doing is putting lipstick on a pig. It's still a freakin pig!

4. FrostMan

FrostMan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have no idea what you are trying to point out here, but if I am making a phone call, I WILL hold the phone with my left hand because I am left handed, exactly like the video pointed out.

5. Rindaen

Rindaen Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Darkseider,

First and foremost I am far from a "gullible Apple sheeple."

Im Sorry I Must have missed the part where I said I agreed with what Apple is calling a Fix.... Maybe you can read more then waht I typed.

I just simply stated I am glad they have realised there is a problem. If software fixes the problem good , If not I think we will both have to wait and see what other people say.
    I dont have the new iPhone and seriously doubt you do from your pure hatred of Apple.
    Unless you own the iPhone 4 , Why must you be so upset.
    Dude get a beer and chill out.

I came to this site as I found it in my search to learn about Android. Most have been extremely nice from waht I have seen in most of the replys.
    Dont assume , as Im sure you know what it means to ASSuME.

Have a Great day :)

6. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +315
    Man, layoff the guy (the guy = Rindaen), his post was extremely balanced. His first paragraph sounds like just a lack of accurate information (hardware vs software and all that), and his last paragraph (directed at frostman) sounded to me like it was meant to be a joke. Everything in between was spot on, and refreshingly balanced.

#18 jntdroid, Jul 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  7. Droidarola

Droidarola Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Apple only does good because of loyal customers, most of apple customers who have an iphone im pretty sure has a mac, ipod, itouch, etc. I have tried teh iphone 3gs and it was horrible but i had to stick with it since my job gave it to me, no longer have to deal with it anymore at my new job, everyone here has droids, and the droid population is increasing incredibly fast.

One of the main reasons I dislike the iphone is because of at&t, the deal better be official for droid to be on verizon's network if they want to survive otherwise their stocks are dropping and their customers are leaving for droids. It has been about 1 year since the android started right? and its already about 1/4 or 1/5 of the phone market, blackberry is being phased out and now the iphone is next to be phased out and the only ones who will stay with the iphone is the hardcore apple fans who doesn't care if steve jobs gives them crappy excuses, didnt he send an email to a customer telling him to chill out relax and retire its just a phone lol rediculous top customer service and support right there for you.

8. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    "As someone that uses a 3G iPhone and Macbook Pro I am glad that Apple has come forward and advised a fix is coming."

First sentence, first paragraph of your initial post. If that isn't agreeing then please tell me what exactly that is?

9. Droidarola

Droidarola Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Everyone has their opinions on this topics but there are facts. Personally I am not a apple fan, i think the last apple product i paid for was an ipod nano years years ago that always froze up on me and the only thing to fix it was to wipe the whole thing out connecting it to the computer, it was annoying and i just went back to mp3 disc's in my car. But I am really surprised how Apple is "fixing" this issue, really surprised. This won't ever happen with Android :)

10. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Layoff nothing. Again I am a sledgehammer not a scalpel. I call it for what it is and that's that. Black and white, no grey. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck it's a duck.

11. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +315
  12. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +315
    maybe rindaen is simply be giving apple the benefit of the doubt rather than being a sheeple... who knows, this could be apple throwing out a red herring until they come up with some sort of hardware fix

don't get me wrong, i agree that it's shady and it sure feels like apple is playing cover up, but throwing rindaen under the bus b/c of that, especially when the rest of his comments were quite balanced, seems a bit unfair

and trust me, i know you're a sledgehammer! :)

Search tags for this page
apple i4 phone problems

apple i4 problems

google search problems with my apple i4
having problems with my i4s
i4 phone battery problems

i4 phone problems

problems with apple i4s phone
problems with i4s phones
problems with the i4 phone
transmission problem apple i4