Apple Issues Official Statement About iPhone 4's Signal Issues

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by jntdroid, Jul 2, 2010.

1. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

2. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

Apple's response is total crap. What Apple is saying in no uncertain terms is that yes there is a hardware design flaw (although they won't admit it) and we will not redesign or fix the actual issue. Instead we will adopt a new software algorithm that will falsely report signal strength to ease your conscience and so you can blame AT&T for the dropped calls even though you are showing 4 to 5 bars. This is absolute and utter bullsh*t and anyone that cannot see through this is blinded by the magical awesomeness that spews forth from Uncle Steve's ass or they are just plain freakin stupid and should not reproduce and furtther dilute the gene pool.

This is some seriously messed up crap for ANY corporation to be pulling. The fact that it is going to be accepted by people without question is what scares the crap out of me. What kind of precedent does this set for other corporations?
  3. jntdroid

yeah this is definitely a bit shady... again, unless the call connection itself is based on this same algorithm, i don't see how this isn't pure cover-up...
  4. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

Again people wonder why I despise Steve Jobs and all that is Apple. I have my reasons and this one just adds another to the list. If any other company in America pulled something like this they would be blasted by every media outlet known and publicly shamed but because Apple is a media darling this will just be overlooked and excused. It makes me sick to my stomach to see this happening and if it were Google or IBM or anyone else I would be just as pissed.

Take Dell for example. They got caught with their pants down about lying and sending out failure prone systems with known bad capacitors and they are getting beaten to death. Google with the whole wifi data capture. Hell Eric Schmidt came out and publicly apologized and admitted it was a huge screw up and mistake and is doing whatever is necessary with global authorities to rectify the situation. Yet Steve Jobs and his super freakin ego won't do it because he is just so damned magical. Just another example of the B.S. that is Apple and Steve Jobs.
  5. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

Thankfully the larger tech blogs that have articles on this fix are getting the responses I prayed for. People are calling this out as B.S. and a PR fix by Apple. Now hopefully larger and more mainstream news and tech sites pick up on this and call it what is, BULLSH*T.
  6. jntdroid

yeah that is good...

I'm typically pretty on top of tech news, and somehow I completely missed the Google/Wifi thing. That's crazy. To their credit (at least from the public's eye) they at least admitted it themselves.

With regard to Apple, even if their claim is half true, it's still a bad way to handle it. "Pride cometh before the fall..." - ageless adage and scripture...

All of it makes me want to simply go back to a basic prepaid phone... heck, that's what Jason Bourne used right? :)
  7. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

I want to see a test with a cell phone case/cover on it. Bunch of people I know have just got their i4 and are not having that issue. And lets not act like they always had a great signal with att.
    Its being over blown IMO.
  8. jntdroid

I don't disagree with that at all... problem is the numbers. If even 10% of i4 buyers have this problem, that's 200k+ people to go online and scream about it. I only know a handful of people in my area that have it, and not one of them can even replicate this issue. However, I live in DFW where AT&T is strong, so maybe there is something to it being in an area with weaker signal...
  9. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

Its not just that...but we are the same on this forum. If someone gets a new droid and start talking about how it sucks and its call quality sucks. We gonna tell them to calm down, and lets see if you can fix it first, because a bunch of us who had the issue have been able to fix it. If it was happening to every device or it was something out the ordinary then ok. But ATT can not hold a 3g signal for the iphone any way. They are complaining about issues we already knew existed, hence us no longer being on att.
    If they said that every time they touch the phone it goes crazy and reboots then I will say they have a problem. When they complain about lost signal my response is "just another day as an ATT customer, when do you not lose a signal".
  10. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

I wouldn't count on it.

The large tech sites have a love affair with Apple.
  11. jntdroid

well at least CNN mentions it, though I don't know how buried this story is on their site

Apple admits iPhone 4 reception issues, says fix is coming - CNN.com

edit: there is a link on their front page... it's something anyway
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  12. FrostMan

FrostMan New Member

I can't use an iphone because I am left handed. I am holding it "wrong".
  13. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

I have a 2005 Prius, bought new in April 2005. Remember all that about the accelerator pedal getting stuck and causing problems? Remember that guy who was doing 90 on the freeway because of that and when it was done Toyota looked at the black box and couldn't duplicate it? Of all the Priuses on the road, how many were affected? I certainly didn't have any problems and I had to deal with people asking me why I drove a deathtrap.

And Toyota had a recall. I took mine in and they loaned me a car for free until they had installed a new gas pedal.

I just feel that the attitude of Apple was wrong. What if Toyota responded with, "The Prius is the finest car on the road today. You must be driving it wrong if you have a problem with the gas pedal sticking."
  14. Rindaen

Rindaen New Member

As someone that uses a 3G iPhone and Macbook Pro I am glad that Apple has come forward and advised a fix is coming. Apple earned the best customer support for a reaon. Granted I think they should have said something earlier concerning the iPhone 4 reception issues.

Apple makes great products there is no denying that.
    They have an idea of how things should work and they go with that. I like that all iPhones work the same way. Does it get old ? Yes
    After just a few days on this site I see that some people change the config of there Android very often just to have something different.

Neither Google/Verizon or Apple/AT&T are saints.
    They are out to make money, and keep people happy so they can take more of your money.

AT&T provides Excellent service in the South East. I may move to Verizon/Droid for 1 Year just to try there service.
    The Droid X is extremlly tempting :)

Be happy that Apple is making the iPhone and pushing competition to make better products. Even if you dont like it you have a Choice. Apple and eventually the Android OS has made smart phones for the average consumer and excellent tool for communication on all fronts.

That may have sounded like Im a huge fan of Apple. While I do rank Apple above the Evil Microsoft, I do have Multiple PC's at home and only 1 Mac.

Frostman
    If your gonna bash on the iPhone 4 , atleast get it right.
    Its the Right handed people that were complaining.
    Right handed people tend to hold the phone with the left hand and use the right hand to navigate the Phone.
    So Mostly Left handed people saw no problems :)
  15. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

And here we have our first gullible Apple sheeple. >Facepalm<

It isn't a FIX. What Apple is doing is no different than if they just put a static picture of 5 bars in the corner all the time. Christ almighty. What part of this whole thread haven't you understood. It is a hardware flaw, period, end of discussion. Tested independently by tech sites as well as PhD's. Software will NOT fix this problem. All they are doing is putting lipstick on a pig. It's still a freakin pig!
  16. FrostMan

FrostMan New Member

I have no idea what you are trying to point out here, but if I am making a phone call, I WILL hold the phone with my left hand because I am left handed, exactly like the video pointed out.
  17. Rindaen

Rindaen New Member

Darkseider,

First and foremost I am far from a "gullible Apple sheeple."

Im Sorry I Must have missed the part where I said I agreed with what Apple is calling a Fix.... Maybe you can read more then waht I typed.

I just simply stated I am glad they have realised there is a problem. If software fixes the problem good , If not I think we will both have to wait and see what other people say.
    I dont have the new iPhone and seriously doubt you do from your pure hatred of Apple.
    Unless you own the iPhone 4 , Why must you be so upset.
    Dude get a beer and chill out.

I came to this site as I found it in my search to learn about Android. Most have been extremely nice from waht I have seen in most of the replys.
    Dont assume , as Im sure you know what it means to ASSuME.

Have a Great day :)
  18. jntdroid

Man, layoff the guy (the guy = Rindaen), his post was extremely balanced. His first paragraph sounds like just a lack of accurate information (hardware vs software and all that), and his last paragraph (directed at frostman) sounded to me like it was meant to be a joke. Everything in between was spot on, and refreshingly balanced.
  19. Droidarola

Droidarola New Member

Apple only does good because of loyal customers, most of apple customers who have an iphone im pretty sure has a mac, ipod, itouch, etc. I have tried teh iphone 3gs and it was horrible but i had to stick with it since my job gave it to me, no longer have to deal with it anymore at my new job, everyone here has droids, and the droid population is increasing incredibly fast.

One of the main reasons I dislike the iphone is because of at&t, the deal better be official for droid to be on verizon's network if they want to survive otherwise their stocks are dropping and their customers are leaving for droids. It has been about 1 year since the android started right? and its already about 1/4 or 1/5 of the phone market, blackberry is being phased out and now the iphone is next to be phased out and the only ones who will stay with the iphone is the hardcore apple fans who doesn't care if steve jobs gives them crappy excuses, didnt he send an email to a customer telling him to chill out relax and retire its just a phone lol rediculous top customer service and support right there for you.
  20. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

"As someone that uses a 3G iPhone and Macbook Pro I am glad that Apple has come forward and advised a fix is coming."

First sentence, first paragraph of your initial post. If that isn't agreeing then please tell me what exactly that is?
Search tags for this page

apple i4 phone problems

apple i4 problems

apple i4 what are they made out of
google search problems with my apple i4
having problems with my i4s
i4 phone battery problems

i4 phone problems

i4s fix lost signal
i4s issues
i4s phone
problems with apple i4s phone