Apple Granted a Patent for Google-Glasses Like Device

Bowtie

Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS!!!!

Apple patents Air, plans to sue the world.
Reuters - 1 hr 53 mins ago

Today the US Patent office granted Apple a patent on air in a non-surprising move. An Apple spokesman has already indicated that the company will sue anyone who is using air unless they are an iPhone or iPad user.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Does this not make you want to hate Apple, if you don't already, and if you do - make you hate them even more? I mean whatever happened to wanting to be loved? Why would ANYONE who understands freedom and liberty even THINK of patronizing such modern day mafioso as these? I have never owned an Apple product (at least one that was branded Apple that I am aware of), and even if there was a chance that I might in the future, I will remain staunch against it simply on principle.

I have an old old apple II in my garage, got it from a friend, it's a piece of history so I keep it. I have only ever bought ONE apple product and that was an ipod in 2005 for an ex GF of mine... I tell everyone I know how much I despise apple and exactly why, I constantly cite these patent lawsuits and explain how effed up our patent system is.... surprisingly most people actually seem to get it, in person.

Speaking of freedom & Liberty.... food for thought- Apple vs Google is very much like the Liberal vs Conservative ways of thinking. Apple like the Libs want to control your environment and how you work within it. Where as Google and conservatives prefer to leave the choice to the individuals

that's a pretty good way to put it :D

silverfang77

Reaction score
It's like Game of Thrones. We are the House of Stark and Apple is Lanister, persecuting us incessantly.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

Last edited:

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't be so quick to make Google out to be some champion of freedom. :angry:

Try googling "AR-15" or "Glock" under the shopping tab and see how many results turn up. :mad: Google has decided to exclude firearms accessories from their shopping results. They've started with the most common search terms.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
For the love of the children PLEASE stop this madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*ck repeatedly throws himself into a wall and punctures a lung*

This.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I can't wait to see Apple get shut down. I will haunt this world after I die JUST to see that happen.

dhinged

Reaction score
They're patent-trolling if they haven't done anything with it for 2 years... Google actually did something with it, but just couldn't patent it.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL

Try googling "AR-15" or "Glock" under the shopping tab and see how many results turn up. :mad: Google has decided to exclude firearms accessories from their shopping results. They've started with the most common search terms.

Actually, they don't to help sell any kind of weapons, like explosives, knives, etc.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Part of the issue is google and apple has two different philosophy. Remember google android was created to allow for something apple wouldn't. Android operates on the open idea where they create something and share the source so others can improve the idea being everyone can contribute thereby allowing others to feel like they were part of the building process.

Apple wants to be the only source. They make the idea and people buy. Now there is room for both philosophies. Apple is thinking conquer. Problem is removing the competition hinders innovation and thereby making your company weak. Apple should embrace competition so they can allow creativity which strengthens both companies.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Part of the issue is google and apple has two different philosophy. Remember google android was created to allow for something apple wouldn't. Android operates on the open idea where they create something and share the source so others can improve the idea being everyone can contribute thereby allowing others to feel like they were part of the building process.

Apple wants to be the only source. They make the idea and people buy. Now there is room for both philosophies. Apple is thinking conquer. Problem is removing the competition hinders innovation and thereby making your company weak. Apple should embrace competition so they can allow creativity which strengthens both companies.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

+ 50,000,000,000,000

dhinged

Reaction score

Actually I think this has more to do with gun laws across states than Google's own politics. I worked at eBay and that was one reason why they didn't allow selling guns on the site.