Apple Getting Nasty; Seeks Import & Sales Ban on HTC Devices and the Galaxy S III

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Apple is this way because Steve Jobs created this environment and attitude. Frankly, I am glad he died, the guy was absolutely insane. He wasn't a visionary, he was ruthless and crazy. And his company still works the way his mind worked.

Apple applies for patents on things that they never created and then tries to abuse the court system to fend off competition? Slide to unlock? Nokia had it first. Clicking on a bit of data and having an app launch? Gee, sounds like email and hyperlinks from the desktop market 20 years ago... Voice command? Android had it 2 years before Sirii came out. The list goes on...

If a meteor took out Apple tomorrow, I would laugh and consider it a good day.

Agreed...all except for "glad [anyone] died" and the meteor thing, perhaps! :blink:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
You know what this type of "squatting patent filings" reminds me of...the .com domain name squatting.

Think of an idea - no matter how far-fetched and whether it applies to anything you are involved with or familiar with (i.e. domain name),
patent the "idea" (i.e. secure the domain name),
then sue the pants off anyone who uses an idea that in any way can be demonstrated as even slightly similar to your patented "idea".

For instance, I'm going to register the domain names of every company out there who doesn't already have a web presence, hold that ownership of their company name as a blackmale hostage, then sell their own proprietary naming and branding back to them as a domain name and make huge bucks.

Where does the legality of this process begin? It's not the same as "squatter's rights" regarding unclaimed land, we're talking about someone else having squatter's rights on my thoughts. Outrageous.

T3STY

Reaction score
Well, they may put patents on more things to come, but it's for sure that one day all the corporations out there will ally all for one big reason: make apple die as soon as that day... it's just a matter of time. And when it'll happen, I'll be laughing more and more to the destiny they've been creating themselves. From that day on things will go on well for many companies and innovation will take place everyday :)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Well, they may put patents on more things to come, but it's for sure that one day all the corporations out there will ally all for one big reason: make apple die as soon as that day... it's just a matter of time. And when it'll happen, I'll be laughing more and more to the destiny they've been creating themselves. From that day on things will go on well for many companies and innovation will take place everyday :)

Agreed, it's like a bull in an china shop. It may break a few priceless pieces, but it's surely going to be put down eventually.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score

Armored Core.