Apple Getting Nasty; Seeks Import & Sales Ban on HTC Devices and the Galaxy S III

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
apple_monster1.jpg

Apple has stooped to an all new level of legal venom. Today they filed two new separate complaints designed to kick Android in the... teeth. One is against HTC and the other is against Samsung. First, they filed a new complaint with the ITC to seek a ban on the importation and sale of all HTC devices. Furthermore, they want all current HTC stock to be pulled from shelves. Just last week the HTC One X and it's Sprint variant, the HTC EVO 4G LTE were held up in customs because of a small legal Apple had victory over at HTC. Eventually, U.S. Customs came to the conclusion that the phones did not violate the HTC patent, and were allowed to pass. Apparently, Apple doesn't agree with this assessment. Here's a quote with more details, followed by Apple's attack on Samsung,

HTC claims it has made the necessary adjustments to avoid violating a previous ruling in relation to Apple patent #5,946,647, and the actions of customs seem to agree. But Apple obviously still believes HTC is infringing on their intellectual property. We’ll have to wait and see how this one plays out.

Apple didn't stop there today. They also brought a motion against Samsung, calling for a ban on the Samsung Galaxy S III. Apparently, they believe that the SGS3 violates the same patents that the HTC phones do, and that Samsung's new S-Voice is too much like Siri. Here's a quote with the details,

Samsung might have been right when it said lawyers didn't design the Galaxy S III, because it's in legal hot water again. Apple has moved to add the new Android 4.0 flagship to the same request for a preliminary US ban that would stop the Galaxy Nexus. Cupertino believes the Galaxy S III violates at least two patents, one the data tapping patent that's also being leveled against HTC and the other a unified search patent that covers Siri; not surprisingly, Apple isn't keen on that strangely recognizable S Voice interface.

I don't even know what to say anymore. It seems like such a monumental waste of time and money, to just give extra press to their competition. I just throw my hands up in disgust...

Source: Phandroid and Engadget

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Just when we were all getting comfortable waiting for the arrival of the SGSIII, Stormy comes in, tells us all to shut up and sit down, and lays this on us :big smile:

This is just getting absurd, it really is

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't help it. I just have to report this stuff, especially when you brought me the story ck. LOL!

But you are right brutha. We have ventured into the territory of crazy-land. At what point do the courts say, "Enough is enough. Stop wasting the court's time and tax-payer dollars or we will fine you for frivolous lawsuits." <sigh>

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Maybe if the courts start doing what they did in the Oracle case, "Waste everyones time, pay for the defendants legal fee's" this nonsense would slow down.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
And Siri has a very similar functionality that Android Voice Commands does. Seriously, if my dog was this bat $*** crazy, I'd take it out and shoot it in the woods. Apple needs to grow up and STFU already. They are going to sue and sue as much as they can because they are already dying. They can't come up with anything new anymore and are themselves guilty of using other companies ideas. Their next iOS6 baby project is their own Maps app. Ya, its going to do the exact same thing as Google Maps. Somehow thats ok though...

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
It seems like these days, everytime a company that ISN'T Apple brings out a new device, Apple automatically sues them. I wish the manufacturers of ANY smartphone prior to the iPhone would sue the crap out of Apple. Apple acts like they invented everything tech, they DIDN'T. Honestly getting so sick of this I wish they would go out of business. To bad there are so many fanboys who love them.

All they do is take existing tech and put it into an upscale package.

SiGfever

Reaction score
You know Apple's motto ...."You will be assimilated or destroyed!" :icon_ devil:

Caesars

Reaction score
I do not think apple is in a sort of trouble in the phone market, however they're feeling the heat BIGTIME.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am getting really tired of a this BS.

Apple won't be happy until Android doesn't exist as Windows mobile and RIM pose no threat to them.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Someone complained about the lock screen on the ics leaks for the RAZR. I said as long as it makes Apple happy, i'm all for it.

Is it just me or are other industries, markets a lil less petty with these types of things?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I am getting really tired of a this BS.

Apple won't be happy until Android doesn't exist as Windows mobile and RIM pose no threat to them.

They'll go after them. If Android is gone where do they think all the android users are going to go?

They won't be happy till we're all on iPhones. Or basic feature phones.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
We need a good recipe for apple pie.. I like Dutch :)

This is just getting to be to much. Perhaps IOS is unveiling a legal app?? Hmmmmm, what would they call it???

Ooooh, die DROID die!!! :( I don't like the name of that app lmao

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Last edited:

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Sigh.... this is gettin old Apple.

Jeyman

Reaction score
not for anything but I think we need to start to spam apple on the social network on how their so called "IP's" are not so original.

S voice/siri are both the same as Vlingo(fyi August 21, 2007 their first beta went live)

um do I even need to bring up iOS's drop down menu?

I really would like to see a list of how many of others IP's apple has screwed with.

I really really hope google keeps a close eye on apple with their new maps that is in the works; and rip them a new one every time they release something for it. requesting a ban and such.