Apple Files for Haptic Feedback Patent; Android World Cries Out a Collective, "Huh?"

Jeyman

Reaction score
ah just seemed like the two might be linked seeing as it can tell how close your finger is, why cant it tell how hard your clicking. But you seem right says nothing about that.

Fonzz

Reaction score
24w94w9.gif

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
OMFG haptic feedback has been on DUMB phones years before the iPhone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Valvoline

Reaction score
maybe next apple will try and patent on how to hold a phone, with the screen facing you. Or that the your ear goes on the speaker and and your mouth at the mic end, smdh...
Obviously apple is going after every singe patent they can get whether the technology exist already or not.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
maybe next apple will try and patent on how to hold a phone, with the screen facing you. Or that the your ear goes on the speaker and and your mouth at the mic end,
now why do you have to go giving them ideas :)

krazienluv10

Reaction score
it gets me upset how apple flaunts old ideas and patents them and advertises them on the tv as upcomming and new.... when is google gonna start upping there patents!!!

Jeyman

Reaction score
it gets me upset how apple flaunts old ideas and patents them and advertises them on the tv as upcomming and new.... when is google gonna start upping there patents!!!

Apple is very scared as of now with moto being googles. Their patents outweigh almost anything apple has. With kodak patent sale inevitable as well its going to be one hell of a ride for apple if google/moto/ any of androids makers get their hands on it.

grgguy

Reaction score
Correct me if Im wrong but I seem to remember having haptic feedback on my LG Voyager oh about 5 years ago

grgguy

Reaction score
The patent wars have just begun and its gonna take an act of congress before anything changes.
Great artical huh, I was wondering if someone besides me would appreciate it

geoff5093

Reaction score
This sounds like more of a patent on being able to give you a different vibration based on how hard you press, not simply on heptic feedback alone.