Apple Denied Rights To "Multi-touch"

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, I got carried away in a couple posts, my overall thought process remains the same, just let the emotion type a bit too much. I want to stay out of these Apple threads so much but I always read something that sucks me in. If you need me I will be in the corner holding my head down in shame.

At least you didn't get the dog house.... :icon_censored:

The other day there was a thread about tethering and Verizon and I said to myself that I wasn't going to post and I meant it.... and then I posted haha.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyway, back on topic... so if they did find a way to justify the trademark... do y'all think that other companies would pay to use the term or just call the ability to have multiple points of contact something else even more flashy?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyway, back on topic... so if they did find a way to justify the trademark... do y'all think that other companies would pay to use the term or just call the ability to have multiple points of contact something else even more flashy?

Probably just be easier to call it something else. "Multi-touch" as a term really isn't a make or break thing when it comes to marketing. I'm sure the marketing heads at these companies could come up with alternative descriptive terms to mean the same thing

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like that one too...Multi-Poke...Hmm....might have to use that one with my lady; that and touching-multiples.....LMAO!!

This thread has my dying right now..

haha yeah i would not object if OTR tried to trademark touching-multiples