Apple Crippling iPhones Again With Another Update

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DroidModderX, Oct 28, 2015.

1. DroidModderX

DroidModderX Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,220
    [​IMG]

These forums are centered around Android and as such is the perfect haven for true Android fanboys. While I personally have nothing against Apple (how could I there are Apple products all over my house) it is fun to poke fun at them when they mess up! Last year Apple bricked thousands of phones with an update. The update didn't actually brick phones but it was a pretty nasty day for Apple.

The update hit iPhone 6 and 6 Plus devices rendering touch ID useless which meant people were unable to get into their phones. It killed data and calls which made the phones of the users who received the update useless. Needless to say the update was pulled hours after the release.

It looks like they have released a faulty update again. This update could have cost people their jobs! The update conveniently hit phones last night. It had a bug which disabled the phone's alarm. This means that people who had set their alarm woke up the next day late into the morning! Try giving that excuse to your Boss. So far there has been no official statement from iPhone on this issue. The problem apparently only exists in the update and goes away once you have updated to 9.1.

via Appleinsider

• Like Like x 1
  2. MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable Silver Member

Ratings:
    +169
    As I said in another thread, this is one thing I really did consider in deciding to stick with Android. It's not that there are never bad updates, but at least they don't get pushed on an almost monthly basis--updates in general--forcing the users to play Russian Roulette with the ability to actually use the device.

• Like Like x 1
  3. wicked

wicked Administrator

Ratings:
    +1,710
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P
    Twitter:
    @MikeAlvez
  4. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod

Ratings:
    +1,672
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    I live in a household surrounded by iPhones. I've become an "Apple genius" not by choice, but necessity. It's sad to see that with each update that Apple pushes slowly kills their devices. Both my parents have an iPhone 6 and they've been slowed down just a bit with each update. Meanwhile my 2012 Nexus 7 seems to be running KitKat fine, though I admit Lollipop did slow it down to a bit of a crawl.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. liftedplane

liftedplane Gold Member

Ratings:
    +900
    I refused to EVER buy any apple device aside from the one ipod I bought my ex in 2006, she still has it, and it still works. When I was married I told my wife she'd never be allowed to have an iphone as long as we were together, she still doesn't have one and refuses to use their products.

mission accomplished

6. Mustang02

Mustang02 Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +6,073
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P/5X
    I had the same rule. She bought one the same day we broke up. LOL I don't have any iPads, pods, toys, books, whatever. Nothing in my house is apple.

7. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,396
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    "It just works" is my favorite argument from an iPhone user. Granted, most of these aren't fanboys, just someone who doesn't know any better. Cracks me up.

I didn't click through to the source, but when I saw this story elsewhere, I was under the impression that this issue affected folks who CHOSE to start the update when they went to bed, thinking it'd be installed and everything would be rosy in the morning.

Anyway, I had a gf years ago who finally decided to get a smartphone. She wouldn't let me go with her. She got an iphone. A month or so later, I offer to update the stupid thing for her. First, this was still when you had to plug it in to the computer and update through iTunes. Lame. Second, it wiped the damn thing. What kinda update wipes a device? I can see choosing to do an FDR after an update and have experienced android updates that pretty much required an FDR, but the update itself destroying all of your data?

Now, making people miss alarms? Of all things, a simple little alarm?

It just works.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mfloyd

mfloyd New Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Wife iPhone 6 did this a week ago. I thought it was from the jailbreak the previous night but I see it wasn't my fault :)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  9. xeene

xeene Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Bet Steve is turning in his grave right now.

10. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,396
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    They had update issues long before he passed, rest his soul.