Apple computer not recognizing droid x for music transfer

droidx89

Reaction score
IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE WHO IS USING A MAC ALSO THAT IS HAVING THIS SAME PROBLEM WITH THEIR PHONE? IT SAYS IN THE INSTRUCTIONS THAT WHEN YOU CONNECT THE PHONE, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO SELECT THE MASS STORAGE BUT WHEN I DO, IT STILL DOES NOT SHOW UP ON MY COMPUTER AS AN EXTERNAL DRIVE. PLEASE HELP IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS.

-Josh

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Thats not like a Mac to have trouble recognizing a simple flash drive, because, essentially, thats what your droid mimics when you select to mount the SD card. Driver issues?

OP
D

droidx89

Reaction score
So, after it recognizes it...

Yeah after it recognizes it, what would you say would be the most time-efficient way of getting music on there? Cuz i hate going through all of my music folders and hand-picking each song. What would you say is best mike?

Trainlike28

Reaction score
Having the same issues, mine wont even recognize it as an external drive

DroidD3

Reaction score
Had the same problem, wouldn't recognize the phone itself. But if I powered down the phone and removed the battery and took out the memory card and connected it to my macbook through a card apapter it read it fine. i had to create a folder named Music under the root "Media" directory, then copied all my mp3s in. The phone recognized them and played fine. Kinda lousy to have to do it this way, but it works for now. did the same for my .3gp movies and it works fine... ditto on my old phone pictures as well.

Trainlike28

Reaction score
Update.... After some fooling around and getting annoyed with the process on my mac i picked up the phone and moved the slider to unlock the phone and it recognized the phone almost instantly. So after you plug the phone in and it beeps to adjust the SD card you have to move the slider to the right to unlock it. If the phone is open when you plug it in just press the top botton to lock it and reopen it.It should connect then

Hope this helps with Macs and other cpu.

DroidD3

Reaction score
LOL, I feel dumb now ... simple as that, even a caveman could do it. ;)
Thanks for the update.

Zooterpust

Reaction score
Wish it were that simple for me. My Droid X isn't working on the iMac at all except on a very intermittent basis. And none of the programs that are intended to let you sync your music help with the problem.