Apple cant let it go.....

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol, yea. The guy in the Apple video must have some huge hands.

That settles it. No NBA players should get the X!!!!

yellar

Reaction score
Actually I was able to duplicate the results. I noticed after showing my wife the video he was supposedly making a call. So I called her cell phone and "Death Gripped" my X and sure enough the signal does go to no bars, but WHO in the hell holds their phone like that to talk on it????

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
How big are your hands.......I just tried it and a game stated playing. I keep hitting the screen lol Or turning on the camera..... U have to literally place your fingers at some exact spots for this to happen.

Last edited:

orangepeel

Reaction score
"Apple cant let go" ... and neither can the Apple Haters..

Many phones have a Antenna problem when held in certain ways. I didnt watch the video and dont care to.

Don't let anyone hurt your feelings because they talked about your phone.

Yes I agree some people are hater's,but I have to tell you I've never had a phone act like what a friend of mines iphone was doing the other day at my house. Sometimes you just have to call it for what it is and stop licking Steve Jobs boots.

I can promise you I'm not an Apple hater.I'm using my MB right now.I own several ipods,Mac Mini's and one 24" alloy iMac....though I must admit I'm on the Windows Vista bootcamp partition right now. Yeah, Apple still makes computers,and Final Cut Pro is still my favorite editing tool. :)

ChugIt

Reaction score
Hey iphone users (I know you guys troll these boards): Just imagine how much of your money you spent on your iphone 4 went towards Apple researching how to hold other phones to make signals drop. Instead, they could have spent the money researching their OWN product before introducing it to the market. Anyone who is falling for their childish behavior and accepting it as fact is truly blind. If my phone was doing that I would demand action. I don't see a huge rebellion forming against Apple, yet it is a widely known issue. Are you guys THAT brainwashed? Seriously?!?!

yellar

Reaction score
How big are your hands.......I just tried it and a game stated playing. I keep hitting the screen lol Or turning on the camera..... U have to literally place your fingers at some exact spots for this to happen.

My hands arent that big but I can "palm" a basketball pretty easy. It's very obvious as others have said no one holds their phone this way when they are talking on it. I don't hate apple products or anyone that chooses to buy them but come on this is getting idiotic with them trying to say every phone has the same problem. Why not just admit they screwed up? It happens and people are more forgiving if you admit it then be like they are and point fingers and try to drag everyone else down. I sure dont see any reports of any other smart phone having to be taped or in a rubber bumper to function for the primary purpose of the thing which is to be a PHONE. :)

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I own a mac and love it dearly, it has been beyond good to me but this is really getting a bit out of hand. Apple has never been threatened to lose market share until now because of all these android devices being released what seems like weekly. This is the first time they have had to get in the trenches to fight people off. Yes they are using dirty tactics but I think most big companies would in this situation, doesn't make it right but big business is anything but clean when it comes to stuff like this. The gloves come off real quick. Apple will take a hit but they will still come out standing on the other side.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;-7tfH9oBQbk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7tfH9oBQbk]YouTube - iPhone 4 Antenna Problem is Caused By a Design Flaw, Not Signal Blockage[/video]

This is why Apple needs to let it go.......

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey Apple, the issue is that your phone/carrier combo is causing Dropped calls. I've had one bar a lot at my old apartment and I never had a dropped call.

Excellent video Jroc, clearly this is a design flaw and it doesn't help that AT&T is a shltty carrier.

ffej89

Reaction score
I tried to replicate this issue on the X, Inc, and the Evo and i was able to on all of them. The difference was i had to cover the top part of the phone to do it. Most if not all phones will lose signal if you hold it in a specific way and thats why they put it in the least likely spot to do so. The issue for apple is they put it in the most likely spot that you are gonna touch and that is the complaint. For apple to reproduce this in all these video's does not make their phone any better imo

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It has gotten a little out of control.... now Apple is running a smear campaign?

What happened to it being leaps and bounds beyond them all?

Oh wait, those days are quickly fading.

Get over it Apple. Mistakes happen.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Last edited:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
[video=youtube;VMl_71dqeR8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMl_71dqeR8]YouTube - Another Banned iPhone 4 Promo[/video]

video posted above.... it's a funny one. :)